Sunflower vol.6 ~ Part 1

Warnings: anxiety, Chris being an idiot in love ( let me know if I forgot something!)

English is not my first language, so I apologize if I made any grammar mistakes.
Feedback and requests are always welcome. <3

~

Music is one of your biggest passions in life. Since you were a kid, you've wanted to become an actress, but always dreamed of exploring the world of music. The only reason you didn't is that your teacher told you that your songs basically 'sucked'. Those were harsh words to hear at a young age, but was life after all. You kept training to be a professional actress while the questions marks of being a musician were always inside your brain. Going on stage, hearing a crowd of thousands of people looking at you, singing your own written songs. A dream good to be true. You never stopped writing songs, but you stopped asking people for advice or their opinion on it. Your career as an actress was criticized enough, there was no need to put criticism on your writing skills too.

Your boyfriend finding your songs changed the direction of your thoughts and dreams.

He wasn't trying to sneak in your stuff at all. After a long day of set, Chris was tired and longed your presence. Being in the makeup chair for too long and repeating the same lines over again was hard for him to take.

"Honey, where are you?" Trying to find you while his eyes were too close to fall asleep was not so easy as he thought. He went to you, hoping not to fall while doing so. He saw that your office door was closed and that there was a note sticking to it.

" Broke my phone, so I'm out to buy a new one. So If you want to contact me, you can't :) If you're not too tired, you can start dinner without me. Love you lots."

-Y/N

He simply smiled sadly, sighing that he had to wait for your arrival. Chris went to his bedroom and sleep until you came, so that he wouldn't look as tired as he was now. When he reached the room, the both of you shared, he saw a book on the bed.

Not a weird thing to see since you were a book freak and bought every week a couple of books that you saw on 'Booktok'.

When he got closer, he saw that there was "Y/N's World of songs" written on it.

Being a curious cat he is, he explores your world he never saw before. Chris couldn't believe his eyes when he saw you wrote hundreds of songs in your book.

Being mesmerized by it, he sang each song inside his head, trying to think of a melody that could co with it.

Page after page was written full of words that came out of your thoughts. He knew you were an artist and loved acting and painting, but this was something else. A part that you never showed him before. A reason for him to love you more. He looked and looked until he stopped by a song.

Sunflower vol.6

Feeling more intrigued than he was, he started reading the lyrics.

Sunflower My eyes, want you more than a melody Let me inside Wish I could get to know you

Sunflowers Sometimes Keep it sweet in your memory I was just tongue-tied

You were more than an artist in Chris' eyes. It was so wonderful written that he actually felt tears in his eyes. The need to share this with the world grew bigger and bigger inside of Chris. I was like he had no other choice but doing so. Your songs were so brilliant that it was a disappointment if he did nothing.

He contacted the first person who came in his mind : Harry Styles.

Harry and you were very close friends since the day you met on the set of Don't Worry Darling. He loved your acting, and you found peace in his songs, because finding it in your own songs wasn't a choice. Telling him your songs and your anxiety to him was easier than you thought. Harry always empowered you to do something with it and that he would help you in any way possible. But you couldn't do it, so you never shared your songs with him. Or with anyone else.

Harry never pushed you, not wanting to overrule you and destroy your friendship. He met Chris, and they became great buddies as well.

Chris knew that yours and Harry's style and taste were kind of the same, so he knew his plan would turn out great.

Chris: hey buddy, Chris Evans here. I need your help with a big favor.

Harry: Hey mate, how can I help you?

Chris : I found Y/N's book full of her songs and wondered if you could voice one of them trying to surprise since her birthday is coming soon.

Harry: You kidding me? I've been trying to find that book for ages. Happy to help you out. What is the name of the song you had in mind?

Chris: I was thinking of her song Sunflower vol.6. It's becoming my favorite, and it's fantastic. I'll send you a picture of the lyrics.

Harry: Wow. Absolutely no words for her talent. I'm not sure if my voice would be as good as her lyrics, but let's see how it will turn out. I'll keep you updated.

After putting the book right where he found it, Chris left the bedroom with a lot of a great idea in his mind for your future. He wanted the world to witness your talent. With Harry helping him, he knew he would succeed.