27

17-year-old Ahn Heiran was walking down the hallways to the cafeteria when she caught the snippet of a conversation where her name was mentioned.

"... never heard her name and kind in the same sentence before. I admit she's kinda nice to look at but otherwise, Ahn Heiran isn't all that. I don't know what you see in he—"

"Are you boys talking about me?"

Believe her when she says the school's reputed popular guy Kim Taehyung jumped and let out a feminine squeak at her interruption. "Oh sh– , Ahn Heiran?"

Taehyung had the decency to look guilty for bad-mouthing her behind her back but the taller guy though, Kim Seokjin as she vaguely recalled, looked all the more colder.

"So from what I've heard, you guys don't seem to be much fond of me?" Heiran asked jovially.

The pair remained wordless, the taller one  Seokjin, scrutinizing her under his severe glare while the younger one turned a shade of red but was doing a poor job concealing it.

Heiran gave a leisurely shrug, "Your hatred is understandable..." A gradual smirk rose on her lips, eyes beginning to shine maliciously, "As it is a byproduct of jealousy. Not everyone can be as perfect as Ahn Heiran."

"Excuse me, Miss?!" Kim Seokjin stepped forward, expanding his chest but Heiran merely stared at him, entertained and unfazed by his height. Taehyung tried to hold him back but Ahn Heiran seemed to have touched a nerve with him. "Who do you think you ar—"

It seemed as if things were about to take a highly dangerous turn when a figure swung around the pillar nearby from where he was lurking out of sight and came into view with a playful grin, his melodious voice ringing loud and clear.

"Well, well, well! If it isn't my biggest fan!"

Her smug look immediately soured at his sight and she grimaced, "You?"

"I see you are here for me, dear mother of my child. To what do I owe the pleasure of this meeting? You need an autograph? A picture? My personal water bottle?"

Seokjin burst into a bout of squeaky laughter at his best friend's come back and Taehyung had to bite down on his lips and look away shakily. Absolutely feeling humiliated but clever enough to not let it show, Heiran flashed her middle finger at his face before she flipped her hair over her shoulder and trampled off.

As the guys' laughter echoed out loud in the background, she didn't hear Taehyung's sarcastic comment muttered under his breath.

"Haha, tough luck on that one bro..."

* * *

"I despise that guy with all my heart!" Heiran declared dramatically to her best friend over the clatter of people at lunch. Nora shoved a spoonful of rice in her mouth as she asked teasingly, "Why? I think he's quite alright. Handsome too but not as much as my Kim Taehyung."

"The heck? Do you know what happened yesterday night at the school festival? He freaking challenged me to a song battle. Not even a rap but a song! His awfully cheesy singing didn't even hold a candle to me and yet, he managed to defeat my 'Dope' with a freaking love song!" Heiran exclaimed, breathing harshly over her lunch before she proceeded to do an awfully mocking impression of the song. "I want to stay in your sky like a star, bohoo~ I want to walk this path with you, Still with you~ Fucking cringe!"

Nora laughed so loud that she attracted scathing glares from nearby tables. "Oh my god. Honestly, I'm not even surprised. No one can hold a torch to your dying goat screeches."