5: Ice Cream.

It was two weeks later and you heard about the carnival idea. You thought it was a great idea until the carnival got shut down to a person falling off of it. Poor kid.

You and Sam are great friends. You know everything about him and he knows all your secrets, except for one...

"Y/n, do you wanna go out for ice cream?" Sam asked.

"Sure! Sounds great," you smiled. Whenever it could just be you and Sam you always took the chance to be with just him. Obviously you loved Katrina and Colby. Katrina already knows about you liking Sam but you never told her.

You have hung out with Colby, guys do talk a lot. But whenever you were around Colby you always saw a spirit so it was odd.

You also felt happy going out in public to see dead loved ones standing with somebody they love.

You pulled on your shoes and you got in the passenger seat.

"Sam, do you like anyone?" You asked for some type of reason.

"No," he said.

"Did you know that the joke 'why did the chicken cross the ride' was a suicide joke?" You asked.

He started laughing, "That was so random."

"What?! I'm just wondering!" You said.

"How is it a suicide joke?" He asked.

"It's like 'how did the chicken cross the road?' 'Oh! To get to the other side.'" You explained. "So it's like, getting to the other side."

"You make no sense," he says as he pulls into the parking lot.

You walk into the shop together.

With Katrina and Colby
3rd person POV

"There's gotta be something going on between the two," Colby says.

"Agreed," Katrina agreed.

"They always hang around each other, I find it cute though," Colby pointed out.

"They would be cute together," Katrina says.

"They should get together," Colby said.

Your POV

Sam tells the person working there what flavor he wanted and ordered chocolate, you thought it was basic.

You got a chocolate and vanilla swirl with sprinkles on it. You guys go outside and sit at a table.

"This is what un-basic looks like," you bragged.

"Is un-basic even a word?"he asked.

"In my world, yes," you answered.

"Y/n, am I a good friend?" Sam asked.

"Why would you think your not? Your an amazing friend," you comforted.

"I-uh-have something to tell you," he says.

"Shoot," you told him.

"I don't know how to say this," he starts. "But y/n. I love you and I understand if you won't like me back and I know you won't like be back and your just the best personality person I have ever met and I'm sorry if-"

You cut him off with a kiss. You felt his soft lips press against yours. You both pulled away for a breath and kissed for one more second and pulled away.

"Sam," you say softly. "I've loved you for a long time now. Your have a goofy personality and I love it. You have a fun personality and you always put others before yourself. Sam I want you in my life and I don't want you to leave it."

You kissed him again but for not as long.

"Will you be my girlfriend Y/n M/n L/n?" He asked.

"Yes," you responded feeling joy in your heart, you were so happy just to even be with Sam.

You both finished your ice cream and got into the car. When Sam stood up you couldn't resist hugging him. You hugged him so tight you could hear him gasping for air.

"Y—-/n. Let....go," he tried.

You let go and gave him a kiss. He opened the door for you like a gentleman and you got it. You couldn't stop smiling about what just happened.

"What do we tell the others?" Sam asked

"Uh....tell them?" You said.

"They are going to say overreact," Sam said.

"You are right..." you say. "Just tell them when we're ready. I'm sure they will try and be calm."

You got home and opened the door. Katrina and Colby were talking. You were still smiling.

"Tell me," she says.

"Good ice cream," you say.

"They really have good ice cream," Sam agreed.  You both then walk upstairs together.

Katrina said quietly to Colby, "suspicious."

You guys both go into Sams room.

He wrapped his hands around you and looked at you. He kissed you and pulled away.

"How did I get so lucky," he complimented.

"How did I get so lucky," you repeated.

"Do you wanna watch a movie?" He asked.

"Yeah," you said. "Let me change into my PJ's."

"Okay," you walk out of your room. You change and head back into his room.

He puts on a movie both of you haven't watched and you later down on his bed. You both were covered up. He wrapped his arm around you and kissed your forehead.

He then started to watch the movie.

You woke up later and Sam was sleeping. The movie was over. You looked over at the alarm clock and it was 4AM.

You quickly got up and headed to your room.

You walked in the door. Katrina was awake.

"I knew it!" She shouts. "Finally! You two are so cute together!"

"Yeah yeah, okay," you say rolling your eyes.

"When did this start?" She asked.

"When we got ice cream he told me how he felt and I felt the same and that's basically it," You explained.

"You liked Sam! You told me you didn't! When did this start?" She yelled.

"Quiet down!" You hissed. "A long time ago, I just thought  I kept to myself."

"Not happy."

"Anyways, I'm going to bed," you told her.
You covered yourself up with a fluffy blanket. It didn't take much to fall asleep.

It finally happened and you couldn't believe it. You were dating Sam Goldbach and it was amazing. Really, what kept trailing through your mind was how did you end up with Sam Goldbach.

Well you guessed you never would know but you were just lucky.