Chapter 68

Manik was sitting inside his office working on some files when Sara knocked on his door.

"They all will be here in 15 minutes. The top floor conference room is prepared for the meeting.", Sara informed and Manik nodded leaning back on his chair.

"We will leave at the last. I don't want to be there any minute more than needed.", Manik said and Sara nodded walking out of the door.

Manik went back to work but was distracted and sighed walking to the glass wall and staring at the city view lost in thoughts.

Sara knocked interrupting his thoughts and he picked up his jacket and walked out with her following him.

She gave him a nod as they stood outside the meeting room and he took a deep breath before walking inside.

"Good Morning.", Manik greeted as he walked to his chair on the right side of the head table and saw Shravan sitting in front of him. Sara gave him the files and moved back to join the other assistants.

"For someone who works in the same building, you are late Little Brother.", Shravan said with a smirk as he leaned back on his chair.

"I am right on time. If you missed me so much, you should have dropped by my office.", Manik said with a smile plastered on his face and Shravan rolled his eyes.

"Maybe I would as I will be supervising how you are doing your work very soon.", Shravan said leaning closer and putting his elbows on the table.

"You are being delusional. You should get it checked before it gets worse.", Manik said with a smirk of his own as he tried to be patient.

"You know what, maybe I should. You can even suggest someone to me. You seem to know them well.", Shravan said and Manik's eyes narrowed a little at his words.

Shravan watched in delight and moved closer to comment something else when the door opened and they both stood up straight.

The meeting room grew completely silent as a man walked inside.  For a person in his 60's, he looked hardly a day older than 40. He had a long grey beard trimmed to perfection with his grey hairs combed to one side.

Manik clenched his fists trying to keep his calm and saw Shravan rolling his eyes as well. He never understood why Shravan hated his own dad. He had his reasons to hate the Chairman but he didn't know his reasons.

Yash Malhotra, The founder and chairman of the Malhotra Groups for the last 30 years was a man respected by everyone. He single-handedly made Malhotra Group what it is today, one of the top companies in India.

He took a seat on the head chair and everyone followed taking a seat of their own. Yash waved his hand and his assistant handed a cigar to him as he took a puff before turning to the group of people sitting at the table.

"Let's start.", He said out loud and one of the men nodded before standing up and moving to the small podium as the lights dimmed and the projector started giving a brief overview of the reports for the six months. 

They moved to the preparation of the anniversary event and Shravan changed the slides as he explained how things were going on and looking.

"How is the speech coming up?", Yash asked Manik turning to face him.

"Great.", Manik said with a straight face and Yash turned to Shravan.

"You could have done better. It's not just any event. It's the 30th Anniversary of the Malhotra Groups. I want it to highlight in every paper and article. Everyone must keep talking about it for days to come. I want no mistakes and need everything to go by smoothly. You insisted on taking over the responsibility of the event and I hope you don't disappoint me.", Yash said turning to Shravan who clenched his jaw and nodded.