- 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲

𝗞𝗮𝗰𝗶 𝘀𝗮𝘁 in the back of Heywardʼs truck, not joining in on Kie and Popeʼs conversation, but also not listening in either. She'd been thinking about how close she really was to the end of her pregnancy, how in just over a month she'd have a little boy in her arms. Meanwhile, she hadn't even started on picking out names. Kaci was terrible at English, she always had been — it was the same with art and photography and music, and literally anything creative. She was more logical than imaginative, which meant naming a child was not something she was very qualified to do. And she definitely did not trust the help of her baby daddy and his best friend, because if it were up to JJ and John B, their kid would be getting called ʼKetchupʼ.

"So we gotta be done before my scholarship interview in the morning," said Pope, pulling up outside the Château to get the stuff they needed to get the rest of the gold from the Crain house. They were supposed to be going out to collect it all later on, and they had to be on standby for John B finishing up his three am fishing trip with Ward Cameron.

Kaci nodded, snapping out of her thoughts and looking up to the two in front of her.

"Okay, well, we gotta focus," stated Kie, turning back to the girl behind them to make sure she was still awake. She'd been getting really tired really early lately, and it was probably because the baby was coming soon. They needed that gold before the baby came.

"I know. I know, it's gonna be fine," Pope assured her with a confident nod as he slid off his seatbelt. "We got John B and JJ inside the well, and me up top. You and Sarah will be outside transporting."

Kaci furrowed her brows. "Hey, what about me?" she asked, climbing out of the old truck with them.

Pope shook his head. "You're exhausted, Kace," he stated the obvious, gesturing to her face. "You will be waiting in the Twinkie and praying that your water doesn't break."

The girl nodded. "Fair enough, I can't be bothered doing anything anyway."

Kiara chuckled and slung her arm over Kaciʼs shoulders as they started walking up to the back of the truck. "Yeah, we got this."

"Cool." Pope starting listing off all the important items he stole from his dad to go through with the plan, but Kaci didn't hear much over the sound of her own yawning.

"Fuck, I'm starving," Kaci complained, holding her stomach with a pout.

"You've literally just eaten," Pope deadpanned.

"And I'm eating for two."

Something suddenly whirred behind them and golden fairy lights were spread throughout the woods around. Kaci turned around to view it all, confusion written all over her face. "The fuck?"

"What the hell?" said Pope.

"Who the hell is that?" asked Kie.

Kaci covered her mouth to let out another yawn, and trailed behind the other two boredly as they went through to the back of the house.

It was JJ. Alone, in a hot tub, and drinking his way through a surprisingly expensive bottle of champagne. All around him were fairylights, strung up over the tress and lighting up the whole scene beautifully. Blow-up swans floated in the water of the tub, holding up glasses of alcohol.

"What did you do, JJ?" Pope questioned incredulously.

The drunken boy looked back at his friends, a wonky grin on his face as he lowered his sunglasses. "I got a jet going straight up my butt right now," he said instead with a laugh. "Y'all should get in immediately, you hear me?"

Kaci rolled her eyes, crossing her arms and shooting him an unbothered look. There was something up with him, but rather choosing to be there to see there child, JJ decided to get drunk and waste all the cash he stole from a drug dealer. She seriously wanted to strangle him.