▪︎ Chapter 9 - A City to Behold ▪︎

▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎

Warning/s: Language

I'm relatively aware cookie run is kinda dying, but do I care? Not really.
I'll still keep writing these, or try to.

▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎

The soft darkness surrounded me in what I described as a peaceful manner. It was quiet and calming, and it washed my worries away.

Only it wasn't really quiet, the sound of wheels rolling, cookies chattering and the ambiance peppered with sneezes was the only thing keeping this moment from being truly tranquil. I peeked out of one eye to look over at Healer Cookie, who was covering his face with his sleeve, creating somewhat of a mask barrier between him and the hay we were sitting in. The cookies transporting the hay were nice enough to allow us to hitchhike, but they were still skeptical and didn't want us near them. Couldn't blame them, Healer was absolutely horrifying.

That's sarcasm, but I still won't hold it against them.

Speaking of, he didn't seem to be having a great time with his allergies. I already asked if he could not just heal his allergies, but according to him, even he has limitations. No bringing back the dead, no fixing blindness, no ridding of allergies, and no removal of lactose intolerance; I found that kind of unfortunate.

Nevertheless, he sat on the opposite side of the cart, eyeing me up and down everyone in a while. I'm not sure if he thought he was being sneaky, or if his eyes were so puffy that he could no longer tell if I noticed but, well I noticed. I couldn't help but stare back, more discreetly, of course. His sad hair showed a bright blond color at the top and slowly turned into a bland and repulsive greenish color at the tips. His eyes, though now puffy, were pretty cool with the blue and yellow. However, it almost looked like you washed them out with a grey filter. His cloak, terrible in nature, almost seems to fit with his sorry look. Nothing unbearable to look at but, I had to look away to avoid straining my eyes.

' Looks aren't the only thing that matters, Y/n, he is nice enough to allow you to drag him to some faraway place for your safety '

"Ah, sorry lads, this is as far as I can take y'all. I'm heading west from here, sorry I couldn't do more to help." I heard the buff cookie call from the front. I nod my head at Healer, who with glee, hopped off the cart and away from the dreaded hay. I wander to the front to thank them while searching through my bag of stuff for something to offer.

A book, a few coins, a sweater, a few bags of leftovers, and a necklace. I don't remember this necklace, so I don't think it would matter if I gave it to them.

"Thank you sweet cookies, I mean it, this will help us greatly. I'd like you to have this, as a token of my gratitude, I'm sorry it's not much, we are down on our luck at the moment." I say, reaching up and handing the nearest cookie, a sweet lady with curly black and purple frosted hair, the necklace. Her face grew from a small smile to one of surprise.

"Oh goodness! Where did you get this?!" She asked, more so demanded from me. I wasn't quite expecting that reaction, and so I fed a fluffed-up truth.

"It was lost, I found it and have had it on my person for a short moment, may I ask why?" I respond, pulling my hand back from her.

She looked back to the other cookie, presumably her partner, and giggled happily.

"I had this very necklace stolen from me a few days ago. This was a family heirloom and I was so distraught when it was gone, thank you for reuniting it with me!" She told me brightly smiling now. I smiled back and nodded, "No problem"

I walked back to Healer cookie, who still looked like a mess.

"Hey, we are in a small city, one close to New Fork, we can stop for some good old medication. How does that sound?" I asked him, pointing behind me to the few stores visible. He just gave a nod and followed behind me.