Chapter 66

Mayas Pov:

Zara and I just arrived downstairs when the door bell rings.

Oh fuck..

I look over to Zara with wide eyes but she's just giving me a sheepish smile.

"You got this." She says to me and gives me a soft peck on my cheek before walking to the door.

When she opens the door she's immediately greeted by her parents. They all hug, which makes me smile. But then they suddenly look at me, making my eyes widen. I start to blush deeply, so I awkwardly look down while nervously fiddling with my hands.

But then I suddenly feel a hand in mine,  making me look up immediately. Zara gives me a soft smile before leading me over to her parents.

"Mom, dad, this is Maya. My girlfriend." Zara says with a big smile.

I give her parents a shy smile but they immediately pull me into a big hug.

"It's so nice to finally meet you!" Zaras mom exclaims happily, only making me blush more.

"Nice to meet you too." I say shyly, which makes them smile.

"Zara has told us so much about you. I hope we get to chat later." Her dad tells me and I nod with a smile.

*****

Victorias Pov:

"Okay guys, dinner is ready!" Mom tells us, so we all go over to the dinner table.

I was about to get up as well when someone stopped me. I look to my side to find Avery sitting down next to me.

"Everything okay?" I ask a little confused but she doesn't answer.

She just leans in and presses her lips against mine. At first I was a little taken back but then I put my hands on her thighs and kiss her back. A few seconds later she leans back and shyly smiles at me.

"Sorry, I just really needed to do that." Avery mumbles embarrassedly, which makes me smile.

"Never apologize for that." I tell her before leaning back in to give her a soft peck.

"Girls, dinner!" Mom yells again, making us chuckle.

"Yeah, mom!" Avery groans and then gets up from the couch.

After helping me up on my crutches we both go over to the living room and sit down as well.

"So..what is the plan after dinner?" Avery asks curiously, while raising her eyebrow.

Her mom chuckles at that.

"Well..we thought we could spend Christmas at our lake house?" Mom suggests with a small smile, making us gasp.

"Really? That's so cool! We haven't been there for years!" Avery exclaims excitedly, which makes me smile.

"I know, but since this year it's pretty warm we thought it's a nice place to stay at for the holidays." Dad says with a small smile and then looks at me with a small smirk.

What..was that?

Weird..

"Victoria, I know because of your leg you probably won't be able to go in the lake, bu-"

"No no, it's okay, don't worry. I'm fine with just watching the other." I interrupt him and he nods with a smile.

"Yeah, watching Avery." I hear Zara comment, making me snort.

"Can't say anything against it." I answer with a small shrug as I place my hand on Averys thigh.

I lean over to her and gently kiss her cheek and then her neck. On that she sighs a little, which makes me grin against her skin.

"I love you." I whisper in her ear and when I slowly lean back to look at her I find her biting her lip.

She leans up, closer to me and whispers, "I love you too." before kissing me soflty.

"Okay girls, maybe not at the dinner table." We hear mom say, so we pull back.

Avery groans. "We're not even doing anything!" She whines embarrassedly, making me slightly chuckle.

"I know you two have a..strong sexual tension but maybe keep that for the bedroom." Mom suddenly says, which makes my eyes widen as my face starts to turn red.

I glance over to Avery to find her the same way as me.

"Mom!" I exclaim embarrassedly but she and the others only chuckle.

Well..except Zaras parents for some reason..

But I just shake that off and look at Avery again. I lean down to her ear again and whisper,

"I'm going to the bathroom."

I know I haven't been updating this book for a while. I'm very busy with school at the moment because of my final exams. But I'll updating more often soon