Seventeen

You stare at the painting in front of you with a curious expression about who are those people in the painting.

There's a woman with the same hair color and eye color as yours standing beside a child who you assumed to be Achilles.

Do you remember the first time you met Celeste, she mentioned something about you looking like Achilles' mother.

Achilles looks nothing like his mother, though, but the next painting shows that he looks exactly like his father.

Viewing those paintings made you a bit sad about the idea that you don't even know what your biological parents look like.

"What are you doing, my lady"

You quickly turn around to see one of the newly assigned maids, staring at you.

This woman gives you the creeps especially since she is not even a human nor a vampire.

"Just looking at the paintings" you respond.

"You are not allowed to do that right now" she states in an emotionless tone but a fake smile is present on her face.

"Who said that?" you demand.

The maid's creepy smile doesn't flatter even one bit.

"Your father did so, my lady"

You hum at her, displeased.

"Then what am I allowed to do?" you inquire, awaiting her answer.

"You will have to wait in your room until your father's arrival" she replies.

"I'm going to go to see mom"

Before you could even move, the maid stops you by moving in front of your way.

"Lady Celeste is out with general Achilles"

The stoic tone and the way the woman is speaking with you fuel your annoyance.

You don't even know the woman's name.

"What is your name?"

"I do not have a name"

This adds to the creepiness of the woman.

Suddenly the doorbell starts ringing loudly.

This can't be your parents as they use keys, so who is visiting at this time?

"I will go and see who is it"

With that, the woman leaves.

However, you are curious about the visitor.

There's no harm in taking a peak, right?

❀𑁍❀𑁍❀

You stare at the vampire standing at the front door.

He looks really familiar, you feel like you have seen him before.

"Who are you?"

The man looks at you and the maid then smirks.

"I'm a dear friend of your parents" you raise an eyebrow.

"Never thought dad had any friends" you mumble, yet he hears you and chuckles.

"Come in, sir, my lord is on his way here" the woman moves aside to all the strangers in.

He enters the manor, before looking at the maid.

"Sir? I rather prefer your highness, your majesty, my king, sir is a degrading title"

Your eyes widen, finally realizing where to have you seen him before.

This is the vampire king, humanity's number one enemy.