19🔸 Abduction

Song- Tomake Chhuye dilam

Draupadi

I threw myself on the bed before burying my face in the pillow as hot tears flowed from my eyes soaking my vermilion smeared face.

This wasn't how I imagined this day to be. He made it clear I was nothing but a prize he shared among his brothers and now that he was done with all the formalities he didn't want anything to do with me.

Govind was wrong, so very wrong. Arjun didn't feel anything for me, even if he had been attracted to me, the attraction was gone as soon as I became his and his brothers' common wife.

Common wife

That's what I would always be to him.

"Draupadi, what are you doing? let's get you ready"

Satyabhama's voice alerted me as I wiped my face vigorously before sitting up, I glanced at the small mirror to see my tears had washed away all kohls, the vermilion was all over my forehead even nose and cheeks.

"Hey..." Her voice became softer as she noticed my face as she came closer.

"Ready?" My voice was horse, I cleared my throat before forcing a smile on my face as I asked more enthusiastically "Ready for what?"

"Don't even try Draupadi, you can't hide your emotions from me" She placed a hand on mine before continuing "I seriously don't know what's wrong with Arjun and my husband. Arjun said something to him and instead of scolding him for his rudeness he had been smiling ever since"

"Govind doesn't care about this old friend of his anymore Satya, I'm just his cousins' wife now" My voice was thick with emotions as I fought the tears back.

"Woah there!"

I looked up to see Govind standing at the door crossing his arms over his chest as complained "Always blaming this innocent friend of yours for absolutely no reason, aren't you Kalyani?"

I turned my face away "Who am I to blame anyone Govind? And what are you doing here leaving your best friend?"

"You can't think beyond him, can you?" He chuckled softly coming closer before placing an affectionate hand over my head.

"How many times have I asked you not to overthink Sakhi? It leads you nowhere" His melodious voice calmed my agitated heart a little as he continued.

"You didn't even wait for Arjun to explain what he wanted to talk to me before coming in conclusion that he was a insensitive and self centered prince"

"I can't believe you're still taking his side. If he wanted to tell you something couldn't he just tell it infront of me?" I burst out as I stood up to up "I'm his wife Govind"