A Difficult Disscussion - Sunny

When Sunny woke up, he was laying against someone. He was too tired to tell who they were, but they were warm. He refused to open his eyes, nuzzling into the person. He could hear them speak to him, but didn't hear what they'd said. He let out a slight whine like noise when they shifted, he opted for stuffing his face into their shirt. 

"S-Sunny!"

Basil's voice finally reached his ears and Sunny opened his eyes, looking up at the flustered blonde he'd been trying to cuddle. He stared for a moment still processing, then shot up, face going red with embarrassment. 

"I'm sorry! I wasn't thinking!" He frantically tried to explain his embarrassing actions, waving his arms around like a child.

"No no! It's fine!" Basil tried to reassure him, "I was just surprised!"

They both stared at each other awkwardly, faces red. Sunny, surprisingly, was the first one to break this silence, "How long was I asleep?"

Basil smiled, "About an hour or so. You looked so peaceful, I didn't want to ruin it hehe."

Sunny raised his eyebrows, "You stayed still like that for over an hour?"

Basil shrugged, "I didn't mind. I watched tv with Kel for a bit." Noticing Sunny scan the room, Basil added, "He's helping set the table for dinner right now."

Sunny nodded, but that wasn't who he'd been looking for. Maybe Basil knew that but just wasn't saying anything. Sunny's question was answered before he could even voice it. 

"Hey Basil dinners-" Hero was leaning out of the kitchen and he stopped the moment he saw Sunny was awake, he then smiled, "Oh good. I was just about to have Basil wake you. Come on you two, dinner is ready."

Sunny was stunned, was Hero just going to pretend nothing had happened!? Basil read the room and exited quickly, that made Sunny a bit upset, but he didn't call out to stop him. Hero stood back for a moment, then turned.

"Hold on!" Sunny blurted out, then immediately regret it. What did he even have to say?

Hero turned back to Sunny, hesitating before walking over to him. "We can talk later," He ruffled Sunny's hair like how he used to when they were younger, "Lets eat dinner first."

Sunny was beyond confused. He had no clue why Hero was acting like this, but he just sighed and went with it. Part of him was relieved. If he was being honest, he partially expected Hero to punch him in the face when they saw each other again. Or at least be some kind of cold to him, but this was the last thing Sunny thought would happen.

Sunny followed Hero into the dining room where everyone was already seated. Basil smiled at him and waved him over. He sat beside the flower boy and food was passed around. They all ate and talked cheerfully. Dinner passed quickly and soon Hero, Sunny, Basil, and Kel were all sitting in the living room, watching a movie.  

Around half way through, Kel and Basil fell asleep. Sunny and Hero watched in silence for a while, then once Sunny was a hundred percent sure the other two were asleep, he hesitantly spoke, "Hero?"

Hero didn't even flinch, as if he'd been waiting for Sunny to speak, maybe he had been. Hero reached for the television remote, turning down the volume. "I've thought about it a lot." Hero admit, Hero had already had this conversation once before with Basil, but of course Sunny didn't know that.

Sunny swallowed, looking for words, "I'm sorry, Hero."

It seemed pathetic to say now. His apologies wouldn't undo what had happened, but Hero smiled at him.

"I know Sunny," Hero looked away again, "I wasn't sure how I wanted to go about this at first but... After some time, I figured it out. I am a bit upset you took so long to tell us but... I don't hate you. You were a kid, being angry won't fix anything."

Sunny could feel tears prickling his eye, he stayed silent, worried that if he spoke he would cry.

Hero looked back at him, "I don't know how long it will take, but I want to try and make thing's the way they were before." He paused for just a moment, "Its what Mari would have wanted."

Sunny started crying, and Hero let him. For a moment, Sunny looked at Basil, remembering what he'd said what felt like forever ago.

Everything will be alright

And now, for the first time since hearing those words...

Sunny believed them.