Chapter 12

(Pokemon is not mine and the pic above is a screenshot from the game ad.
"talking"
'thinking'
-pokespeech-
Enjoy!)

Misty sat opposite of Ash, "Well to begin with, Team Rocket attacked Pallet town."

Ash sat up, "WHAT?"

Misty, "Stay calm Ash, just listen to me first okay."

Ash sighed sitting, "I'm calm. I'm calm."

May pat his shoulder, "Don't worry, Ash, Delia is safe. They did not touch her."

Ash nodded, "Okay, Misty sorry about my outburst, carry on."

Misty shook her head, "It's ok. I would react the same way too."

Gary, "That was a pretty terrifying thing to hear."

Wallace, "Is everyone alright though? I will assume they are considering you are here."

Misty, "You would assume correct. Now the reason they attacked. We found there were multiple reasons."

Dawn, "Multiple?"

May winced, "Yeah, I was one of the reasons. They were following us when we were helping Manaphy. And I am not talking about Jessie and James. Those two actually helped us."

Misty nodded seriously, "Turns out Team Rocket has been divided into two factions. One side supports Giovanni and the other side supports his older brother, Devorakk. Devorakk is nothing like Giovanni though."

Ash lifted his hand, "Wait, by Devorakk, are you talking about the infamous criminal, Devorakk that murdered half of Vermillion City eight years ago?"

Dawn paled, "I heard of him."

Zoey held Dawn's hand, "Me too. I still have nightmares from the pictures on the news."

Leona nodded, "Yeah."

Barry, "Are you alright?"

Ash, "You did not get hurt right?"

May, "I am fine."

Misty, "We all are, just surprised and annoyed but we are good. Delia and Emmaline also said they would visit you guys in a few weeks once clean up in Pallet town is done."

Gary sighed in relief, "That's a relief. I knew they were hiding something last night when we were chatting."

Ash nodded, "Yeah."

Misty, "They wanted to capture your mothers to use them to control you."

Ash bristled, "Of course they would. Those bastards!"

May nodded, "Yeah, the same way they wanted me in order to get Manaphy and your mothers to control you and that's not all."

Gary frowned, "They wanted something from my grandpa too, didn't they?"

Misty sighed, "Yeah. They wanted his papers on Mew and your discoveries. To be more specific, they wanted to know Mewtwo's location."

Gary gave a feral grin, "It seems people have forgotten my Gramps was Kanto's Champion for twenty years, before my Dad won the title from him."

May returned the grin, "Yes they did. Watching their shocked faces when they were defeated by a quote, old man out of his prime, unquote was hilarious."

Wallace laughed, "Now that's a life goal, to become a badass grandpa."

Barry laughed, "You can say that again."

Leona, "Hey Dee Dee, we should make another promise. A promise we will become proud grandmas."

Dawn giggles, "That sounds like a good promise."