Chap. 24 - Marriage on Flower Fruit Mountain

This takes place a few days earlier, and in another place. The Three Horned Demon Lord, sitting on his throne, was in the middle of discussing strategy with his generals. Well, what was left of them anyway. Quite a few of them have died, and Red Boy (who will be quitting soon) left for an annual family event. That damn monkey was giving him more trouble than he originally expected. But he thought that it didn't matter, the weapon was almost complete now, all they needed was that one very essential component. The challenge was to get it, it was pretty tricky, and they seemed to be at an impasse.

Just then, out of nowhere, someone dropped down from the ceiling, did a front flip and landed on their hands, on the table with the large map of China, knocking off some of the little strategy figurines placed on it. Macaque smirked at the demon lord, and his smirk grew wider when everyone in the room pointed their weapons at him.
"Now now, that's no way of greeting someone that'll get you the win."
"Six-Eared Macaque." the demon lord spoke. "What do you want?"
Macaque hopped to be on his feet, he stayed on the table though.
"I actually go by just Macaque now. I like it a lot."
He waited for him to say something, but there was only silence. He placed his hands on his hips and deeply inhaled, looking around like he was in complete control of the place.

"Couldn't help but overhear what you were saying there."
"You clearly broke in!" one of the generals said.
Macaque stared at him, unimpressed. The general gulped and looked down, his stare making him uncomfortable.
"And so," he continued. "I decided to help myself out, by helping you guys out."
The lord's eyes narrowed, but he was still silent.
"You need one last ingredient right~? Something that belongs to him. But obviously you can't get it from him directly, you're *bound* to fail."
"Are *you* going to do it then?" another soldier asked, offended.
"Better." he said, though ignoring everyone's presence, he even turned his back on the demon lord. "I'll tell you where *else* you can find what you're looking for."
There was a moment of silence, confused glances were shared. Macaque's smile grew larger, showing his fangs.
"Why not go directly to the source?" he glanced back. "Why not pass by his house?"

Shocked whispers and gasps echoed throughout the room. He closed his eyes and chuckled, relishing in the panic he just created.
"I-Impossible! No one knows the true location of Flower Fruit Mountain."
"It's never the same on any maps. And most of the time, it's even nowhere to be found!"
"Legend has it that if you try to go there uninvited, or with ill intention, the island will eat you alive!"
"Plus, it's Sun Wukong's home. The people there must be as strong as he is!"
"Hah!" Macaque spoke again. "They may be strong, to some, but their brains are just as empty as his. I'll tell you how to get there undetected."
"H-how do you even know where it is?"
"Of course I know where it is, at all times. It's my home too. In theory anyway..." he whispered that last part with a graver expression. "With this plan comes a little warning however." he looked at the Three Horned Demon Lord with a piercing, unblinking stare. "If you hurt her, in any way shape or form, I will know, and I will kill you."

"Heh, too bad for you." he leaned back a little bit. "Eating Golden Cicada *is* our end goal."
"I'm not talking about (Y/n)."
This made him frown a bit in confusion.
"Although that goes without saying." Macaque shrugged, back to being casual. "As soon as you kill Wukong I'll swoop in and take her away to safety." his gaze wandered and his smile softened. "Once I'm rid of him, I could finally start anew, with her."
"Right, I did catch wind of your... infatuation, with her." he smiled. "Nevertheless, I'll accept this deal. But as soon as Sun Wukong is dead, we will be enemies." his smile grew into a smirk. "I look forward to destroy the monkey who thinks he can just break into my lair without consequences."
Just then, shadow clones appeared from the ground and dragged the generals into the floor with them. The three horned demon was about to stand but was stopped mid-way by other shadow clones, appearing from his throne and digging their claws into his arms and shoulders, threatening to rip his skin.