→ 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙗𝙖𝙩𝙩𝙡𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙧𝙘𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙩 : 𝙫

---------------------------------------------

IT HAD BEEN THREE MONTHS SINCE THE MALL EVENTS, JOYCE DECIDING SHE SHOULD MOVIE OUT OF HAWKINS. Given that El had neither Sebastian or Hopper with her and she was all alone, Joyce suggested El goes to live with the Byers family. The events of the mall were all over the news, both Seb and Hopper showing up. The event was a scandal to other states, everyone steering away from Hawkins as 'Thirty people melted dead on spot', including Scarlett once the gate was closed. A headline in the paper was 'Chief of town dies with his son, 14.' El couldn't even look at the photo of Hopper, the newspaper having no photos of Sebastian. Everyone had started to catch on to the events over the recent years in Hawkins anyway.

The cover ups from the government, deaths that were never explained. This is why Robin and Steve were at Family Radio, trying to get new jobs. "The mall burnt down and killed a bunch of people," Robin spoke, Steve gulping at the memory. "We didn't get fired." She continued, the boy letting their resume's fall to the desk. He used to work at the arcade himself, just getting sick of the sweaty kids. "Oh, really? Never knew." He spoke sarcastically, Robin sighing. "Three favourite movies. Go." He demanded, pointing to Robin. "Uh, The Apartment, Hidden Fortress, Children of Paradise." She answered, remembering how she watched Hidden Fortress with Scarlett all the time. Her parents were horrified once they went up to Scarlett's room to find a melted version of herself, boarding up the room and giving Robin special treatment.

"You, go." The boy pointed to Steve, him stuck. "Favourite movies?" He asked, the boy scoffing. "Did I stutter?" He shot back, Steve trying to think of a movie. "Uh... Animal House, for sure." Robin scoffed at his answer. Animal House? Steve stammered for more movies, the boy clicking in his face. "Ah, ah, ah, eyes on me, Harrington." The boy spoke, recognising the popular high schooler. "Yeah, uh..." The two made awkward eye contact as Robin stared into space. "Star Wars." Steve shrugged, picking the obvious. "A New Hope?" The boy tested, Steve confused. "A new what?" He leant forward, the boy fed up. "Which Star Wars?" He asked, Steve scoffing. "The one with the teddy bears. Duh." Steve laughed, doing an Ewok impression which made Robin wince and hang her head down shamefully. "No?" He asked, the boy at the counter not impressed.

"Oh, the one that just came out. The movie that just came out. The one with the DeLorean and Alex P. Keaton and he's trying to bang his mom." Steve laughed at the end of his explanation, "The time..." Steve's voice went quiet, Robin looking up with a sigh. "Yeah," Steve spoke shyly this time. "Those are my top three. Classics." Steve spoke quicker, the boy pointing to Robin. "You start Monday." She lit up at this, finally getting a job. "You start never." He spat towards Steve, the boy nodding as he looked down. "Will you just, um... Will you give us a minute?" Robin asked Steve, him agitated. "Why?" He shot back, Robin looking to him. "Steve." The boy grabbed his resume sassily, making sure to snatch it off the desk as he walked away a little. Leaning forward, Robin smiled politely.