chapter 29

After the Spanish Grand Prix me and Charles flew back to Monaco. I had missed being in the beautiful place that Charles called home. It was nothing like back home and maybe that was why I loved it so much.

We would be spending at least the week together here in Monaco in preparation for Charles's home race. I knew he was excited and I was too. He had told me that the monagasque Grand Prix was even more special than the other ones. There was always tons of celebrities and the city never sleept. We got home late Monday night since we spent most of our day in Barcelona.

Charles had told me he had a suprise for me this Tuesday. We slept in together and took a nice brunch at Charles apartment. His suprise wasn't until this afternoon. I could tell he was excited for this one. He hadn't said a single thing other than at what time we would be going.

-Are you ready to go? Charles screamed from the entrance.

I had been told to dress rather warm which I thought was weird since we were in Monaco, but I did as he had told me to. I walked out to Charles waiting and took his hand as we walked down the apartment stairs. When we arrived at the street I saw a Vespa standing there. Charles gave me a helmet as he was putting his own on.

-Here, Charles said. We are going for a ride.

-Aww, I said this was a really cute idea. Where are we going?

-That's still a suprise I'll keep, he said putting his finger over his mouth.

I put on the backpack Charles had given me and sat on the Vespa behind him. Putting my arms around him I felt safe. If it were anyone I would trust on a moped it was him. He started the Vespa and turned around to smile at me. We started to drive through the city. There was already more people on the streets than normal.

As we left the city behind Charles started driving a bit faster. I could feel the wind in my hair as I took a tighter grip around Charles.

-Is this speed okay? He asked.

-Yeah it is, I said giving him a peck on his back.

We continued to drive for a while until we arrived at this beautiful viewpoint over Monte-Carlo. There was a short trail that we took until we came to the perfect picnic place. And of course that's what Charles had planned.

I opened up the backpack to find a blanket to sit on and lots of food. I was really hungry so this was perfect. His company too. We sat down on the blanket and he insisted on setting up everything. I just watched as he put everything perfectly on the blanket.

-Et voilà, Charles said when everything was finished. I thought this would be perfect before all the things started.

-Charl this is so perfect, I said as we both started to take a baguette each. How do you even come up with things like these?

The food was so good. I loved how he could plan things like this and then surprise me everytime.

-So I used to come here alot when I was little and it's the best place to watch the sunset, he said before taking another bite. I thought it would be the perfect place to bring you.

-I love it, that was the only thing I could say. It is perfect Charles.

We continued eating our food there on the blanked. When we finished I scooted closer to him. It was starting to get a bit chilly and sitting in his arms was the best solution to keep warm. When I thought we had eaten all the food that he had brought he served some dessert. It was a really good chocolate cake.

As we ate the dessert the sun was starting to set. The most beautiful place on earth became even more beautiful by this time. Everything was orange and pink. This was the most beautiful sunset I have ever seen.

When we had finished the cake Charles asked:

-Hey so I've been wanting to ask you something for a while now. So there's this gala or more like a masquerade tomorrow. It's always before the monagasque Grand Prix and every driver gets to bring a plus one. Would you like to go with me? You don't have to of course, but I would love it of you would.

-That's sound so much fun, I responded. I'll go with you of course.

-Thank you, Charles said grabbing my hand. I'll make this up to you sometime, it will probably not be the last event you go either me to.

-I will always come with you, I said smiling back at him.

He packed everything together and started to walk back to the vespa. This night had been as amazing as every night Charles planned. We put on our helmets and started riding back to the city. I felt like one of those couples in movies when riding this moped holding Charles. It always seemed so romantic and it really was.

The streets if Monte-Carlo was a bit quiet when we got back, but there was still lots of people out. We sneaked back into Charles's apartment and called it a day.

———