17

Harry Styles

"Okay, round of shots for everyone," Niall announces to the group of us around the bar. "In celebration of course."

"You're destined to rack up that tab as much as you can, aren't you?" Dez says on the other side of the counter, grabbing out the shot glasses.

"Dez, if he wants to pay for our shots, let him." Liam cackles next to Niall.

"And what are we celebrating?" She grabs the Grey Goose off the shelf, talking over the music and the volume of the bar.

"Well...it's a Monday night." Niall shrugs, switching his hat around so it's backwards on his head.

"And?" Louis furrows.

"Monday is usually the worst day of the week for usual nine to five working people. It's only right we celebrate on their behalf." He pulls some random excuse out of his ass.

I smile and shake my head to myself, sitting reserved on the barstool between Niall and Louis.

"You can just say you want to take a shot with everyone, not pull a lame excuse out your ass." I reason.

Niall throws his arms over my shoulder and pulls me into him. "Life's always a celebration, baby."

He plants a kiss on my cheek to where I shrug him off of me and roll my eyes. Dez starts dishing out the clear shots, putting one in front of me. Everyone picks them up in preparation.

"Where's Scar?" Liam turns his head around the busy bar.

Dez looks around, holding two shots because one is for her. I watch as her eyes spot her through the crowd behind us, nodding her over. Eventually, Scarlett comes running behind the counter with an empty saucer tray.

"We're taking a shot?" She grabs it from Dez's hand.

"According to Niall."

"Raise em' up." Niall holds up his glass so we all do the same. "To Monday!"

Everyone mumbles under their breath, not really agreeing with the dedication to the shot. The bottom of my glass hits the table before I bring it to my lips and toss it back.

The cold water washes down my throat, being a lot easier than any real shot I've ever taken. It's kind of lame of me to take water shots when everyone has vodka, but Dez started doing it for me over time. I guess she doesn't want me to feel left out considering Niall wants to take shots every ten minutes.

Dez and I never really patched up the issue from Saturday. I feel bad I lashed out at her. I can tell she's annoyed with me but a part of her is just moving on. I want to make it right but I don't know how. I was never one for apologies.

I've only genuinely apologized to three people in my life;

My father, for always doing things wrong.

Bethany, for never being enough.

And Aven, for evidently ruining her life.

As everyone finishes the shot, I see Dez's eyes narrow across the bar behind our backs. Her eyebrows furrow.

"Uh...Harry," She murmurs while keeping her eyes moving on someone seeming to get closer.

"What?" I say from my seat on the other side of the counter.

"I think you have a visitor—"

I suddenly feel a hand tangle in the roots at the back of my skull, yanking it so my head cocks back and I'm looking up at the ceiling. Before I even think to react, my eyes meet a pair of blue hiding behind smoky eyeshadow and eyeliner. Keeping a firm grip in my hair, I'm rewarded with the off-putting sight of Aven standing behind me. She accompanies a tight jaw and daggers for eyes. Even upside down, she looks just as angry.