fourteen.

"We need to talk."

"What? Uh, okay.." Xingqiu said, his heart was just sinking deeper and deeper. Was the love of his life about to do this to him? Break up with him?

"Listen i'm um.. I'm not mad, I guess. But we just need to talk about how much we've drifted apart." Chongyun sighed.

Right, Chongyun was an angel. Xingqiu is messing shit up again.

"Hah— yeah! I've noticed that too. It's just been hard cause' of me maybe? I've just been mentally preparing myself for graduation and how none of my family will be there! I'm probably valedictorian for fucks sake!" Xingqiu rambled, god. He was angry now.

"I think you are valedictorian"

"I know! It's all too much! Don't you get it?!"

It's just not worth it anymore.

"Why are you so irritable? I just wanted to talk i'm sick of you yelling all the fucking time!" Chongyun groaned, tugging a little at his hair. God, everything was driving him crazy. He's never been so annoyed and angry with someone ever before until Xingqiu. That's not good, is it?

"I don't know. I'm trying so hard to just keep my cool and bite my tongue so I don't say something i'll regret." Xingqiu said, "But somehow, i'm starting to regret everything."

"Huh?" Chongyun scoffed.

"Us. I'm regretting you." Xingqiu sighed, "I don't know what to say. Our spark is just not there anymore."

"So that's it? Six months down the drain? I really thought that you were something— SOMEONE special." Chongyun yelled, "I was so fucking wrong! You're like a fucking tornado tearing shit apart."

They both stayed quiet and sobbed for awhile, but they weren't there for eachother this time. It's like the line holding them together was cut.

"S-so um.." Xingqiu stuttered, "Are we over?"

Chongyun shrugged, "I just think it would be better if we took a break. We aren't good for eachother anymore."

"Yeah."

Xingqiu packed all his stuff, while Chongyun was downstairs explaining what happened to his parents.

Xingqiu crept down the stairs, bags in hand.
"Chongyun. I'm ready to go."

The car ride to Xianglings was so awkward. The person Chongyun laughed and smiled with wasn't staring at him, no, he was scared to. The person he kissed and hugged no longer was there to do that.
He was gone.

"Here." Chongyun said, getting out of the car. Xingqiu was so confused, why is he getting out of the car.

With all his bags in hand, Xingqiu trembled with sadness.

"Hey. Can I um.." Chongyun sighed, stroking Xingqius cheek.

Xingqiu was confused, but then he realized,
oh.
He wanted to kiss him one last time.

And he nodded, letting Chongyun take over the kiss. After, he hugged him tight.

"Thank you for everything." He said, sobbing his eyes out.

"I hope that.. We'll be better for eachother again someday." Xingqiu whispered, "Me too."

They both realized, not even an hour after breaking up, how much they needed eachother.

"Okay.." Chongyun sighed, "Bye, Xingqiu. I'm sorry."