Sidekicks

You were currently living on an island called Firefly Island. The reason for that name was because it was home to the rarest fireflies in the whole world. You lived with your parents, and being the only teen in the house you had a BUNCH of chores to do. Take out the trash, do the laundry, make the tables when it's time to have food, and do the dishes.

But it was ALL worth it. Thinking of such a great job you did for taking care of yourself and the house, your parents have given you the opportunity to take a one-month vacation to head to a nearby island. The island had no name, to your knowledge, and even if it did your parents didn't know what it was called.

Being so grateful for the idea from your parents, today was the day you went on your vacay of a lifetime. 

"Okay! Make sure you don't forget to bring your extra pair of socks! The island you heading to is VERY wet!" Your best friend, B/F/N, said to you as you rummaged through your closet.

"Oh! And don't forget to take your phone! I don't want you to lose contact with me!" They said, tossing you your phone and you caught it dropping the clothing in your hands onto your bed. 

"Oh! AND!-"

Getting cut of by a piece of your clothing thrown to their face, and to your laughter. "B/F/N! I'll only be gone for one month, not one decade!" you joke.

"But what if you make NEW best friends! And then forget all about my existence! I'll become a no-one in your world! You would forget my existence!-"

"B/F/N!" you laugh, cupping their cheeks together and making their lips turn into an 'o' shape. 

"You are my BESTEST friend! If I'm dying? You dying with me! You are never gonna be forgotten in my world! Because you are my world!" Giving B/F/N a hug, you heard your mother shout.

"Y/N, dear! Time to go!"

"Already?! You have like what another 23 minutes before the boat arrives?!" B/F/N shouts confused. You giggled at their outburst, them sighing and standing up. 

"Have the best time of your life, Y/N! You deserve this vaycay!" They hugged you and said goodbye.

"Thank you, B/F/N! I hope you have a good time with (your other friend's names.)" 

__

"We are almost at our destination. Please keep all your electronics and babies tight in your grip, and stay seated. Thank you."

Spoke the man in the microphone of the boat you got onto to get to your dream island vaycay. From my seat, I leaned over the boat and looked over the horizon, and a small island cleared my vision. There were three to four mountains with snowy peaks and most of the bottom of the mountains was covered by dark oak trees and a bunch of bushes. 

The next few minutes passed, and that's when the others, as well as me, were dropped off by the shore of this 'unknown island.' 

"Thank you, sir." You smile, being the last one to jump off the boat. "It's not a problem ma'am. It's my job."

Waving goodbye to the boat driver, lots of other passengers went their own way, but I grabbed my luggage by the straps and wandered into the large oak forest of the island. It was quiet. The only sound was a couple of birds that chirped, and the sound of the leaves hitting each other due to the force of the wind.

You walked for a couple of more minutes, enjoying the quietness of the forest, thinking about when you'll see more civilization soon. Walking through the forest, you were finally able to find a large village. It was interesting because this village was a lot smaller than you've seen on the boat.