thirty one.

millie and i stood in the bathroom, looking at the bruise closer. almost matching the colors around my eye, the bruise was a deep shape of purple, blue and red.

" is it possible i did this to myself? " i questioned, looking at the worried girl. " there's no other explanation for this mills. "

" i—i don't know, maybe? " she answered. " this is the first time you've had this dream? "

" yes, " i replied. " this bruise has never been here. "

" let's keep an eye on it. " she said. " and i promise to not tell anyone about this. "

" thanks millie. " i smiled. " guess today i wear a turtleneck. "

***

2:00pm. the fabric from this turtleneck was making me scratch at my skin. it annoyed me and i was super close to taking it off. thankfully i had on a t shirt underneath.

i excused myself and headed to the bathroom. while walking in the hallway, i took off the turtle neck and let out a breath of relief. seeing the bathroom come into my view, finn magically turned the corner and bumped right into me causing me to stumble backwards and fall.

" shit, " he said. " i'm sorry taylor. "

he stuck his hand out for me to grab. i mentally rolled my eyes but took his offer.

" it's fine. " i said while walking past him and into the bathroom.

finn's pov

9:01am. " she's never going to speak to me now. " i said to gaten as i paced back forth in my dorm.

" you two were acting like children, i don't blame her for getting upset at you both. " gaten replied. " for christ sake you were talking about her private life. it was a little weird honestly. "

i could only sigh. i really didn't know what else to say. i mean what could i possibly say that'll make this situation better? nothing.

" are you going to class or are you staying here to bitch and moan? " gaten asked me, walking to the door.

" yes i'm coming dad. " i answered, grabbing my things and walking towards to the door.

once we got closer to the school, gaten broke the silence.

" it would be kind of weird if joe liked taylor. " he spoke.

" see. " i said. " i knew i wasn't over exaggerating. "

" maybe he doesn't though? " he shrugged. " maybe we are thinking way out of the box. "

" gaten come on, you were there when he literally said he could treat her better than me. " i said, giving him an ' are you stupid? ' look.

" okay i can't defend him there, but worst comes to worst? he's gotta get over his little crush. " gaten mentioned. " i can try to talk to him, if he even opens up to me. "

***

1:47pm. thank god we had break tomorrow. all i wanted to do was sleep, sleep and sleep. my phone buzzed as i sat in class, i quickly took it my pocket.