Chapter 13

Beggin'

The next day I am laughing with some of Camille and Yasmine's friends again. We've all been hangout out a lot more since I haven't seen Moose in a while. To be honest I haven't seen him since he told me he wasn't going to battle at Red Hook 2 weeks ago. I wonder what he's been doing.

Not like I would know since he doesn't answer my calls or texts.

"Daisy, if he doesn't realize what he's doing is wrong, it's his loss. You're a total catch," I say to Daisy. She's been tellin' us about a boy who's been messing with her feelings.

"Yeah, his loss. But if he hurts you again me and Dev will beat him up," Andrew says jokingly.

The whole group laughs at that.

I stop laughing when I hear a familiar voice call to me.

"Tess, what's going on? I thought we were gonna have lunch SInce I missed lunch with you that first week. You know our make-up lunch

The group stops laughing and stares at me.

I turn towards Moose and stare blankly at him.

"Our make-up lunch was last Monday," I state.

"What do you mean? You said Thursday,"

"Yes, I did. But you wanted it to be Monday so we can start the week off right," I smile sourly at him.

"Welp, that's our cue. See ya later Tessie. We'll talk about the costumes another time" Andrew says standing up and giving me a wave. I wave back as the rest of the group gets up and follows him.

"Costumes? What costumes?" Moose inquired.

"It's for the dorm Halloween party," I explain. "People plan their costumes like all semester.

"Alright cool, So what are we going as?"

"Oh, um, um. Well actually...I tried calling you a lot this past week and you never picked up. So I, Camille, and Yasmine's friends are all dressing up as a gang from the 20s." I say and start picking up my stuff to get ready for my next class.

"Yasmine's friends?"

"You know, Daisy, Devan, and Andrew." I start walking away towards the stairs.

"Andrew. Andrew? Tess, Andrew?" Moose follows me.

"What about Moose?" He asks and I turn around to face him.

"Well, Moose I really haven't been seeing you around lately and I'm even in the Pirates with you which means I should see you more but I don't. I call and you blow me off. I mean I couldn't wait forever," I sighed and I turned around to start walking back up the stairs.

"Wait, Tess," Moose shouted and I turn back around. "Look, I'm here now. Come on, what do you say?" Moose asks with a light smile on his face.

I can't say no to that smile.

I walk back down the stairs where he is and stand in front of him.

"You know you're gonna have way more fun with me than Andrew," Moose fake gags at speaking Andrew's name.

"Are you jealous?" I tease him. "You know that you will always be my favorite guy."

"No, I'm not. I'm just saying you will have a lot more fun with me than him."

"So are you asking to the dance?" I joke.

Moose scoffs and takes both of my hands in his. "Tessa, you know that I would love to be a 20s gangster with you. I was born to be the Clyde to your Bonnie."