Chapter 5

Two month time skip

Kaya had been a scout for two months. In that time, she had become close friends with Petra and had gained the highest kill count of her squad, excluding captain Levi, but the ghoul liked to think he had a head start. Every night, the girl had slept under the stars and it had became routine for captain Levi to wake her on a morning. However, she was currently facing a slight problem. The ghoul was growing hungrier, and her squad had been questioning her 'eating habits'. They had no idea how she had survived that long without any food or water, other than tea. To top that off, she had to conserve as much tea and would have to grab a quick meal on her next expedition, she usually split from the squad after failed missions and fed on her dead comrades remains. Yeah. It sounds gross but what else was she supposed to do, she had to save her tea for when she was inside the walls.

The scouts were currently on an expedition outside of the walls, capturing more titans, the mad scientist couldn't get enough. Kaya was slightly concerned but didn't question them, she knew that Hange was smart and their research would be beneficial. Luckily, the scouts didn't need to confront any titans, instead, they decided to lure a few into a forest near their base and capture them using Hange's invention. It was a spiked net that the titans couldn't escape without being cut, so they were pretty safe. In full honesty, most of their missions had been successful due to Hange's calmer attitude and Erwins orders to obey the section commander.

As they made their way back to the walls with new titans, Sawney and Bean, they saw a devastating sight. Smoke signals were going off from inside the walls and canon fire could be heard from miles away. Not to mention the Titan steam that was rising from within Trost. Kaya began to panic.

"Scouts, Trost has been breached, we must defend the cadets and do what we do best. Move out." Erwin ordered and the pace of the horses began to quicken.

"Special operations squad, go ahead and try to save as many people as possible." Erwin instructed, receiving a nod from the captain.

Just as ordered, the squad went ahead and soon made it towards the walls. "Switch to ODM gear and climb the wall, the titans are still getting through the breach." Levi demanded.

Kaya complied and shot her hooks as far up the wall as she could, then running up the side, using the wires to pull her faster. Kaya knew that she needed to conserve gas, now more than ever. The ghoul quickly made it to the top of the wall and waited for the rest of her squad.

"What's next captain." She asked.

"We help as many people as possible, we'll split into teams. Petra and Oluo. Eld and Gunther. Kaya you're with me. Let's go." He said while jumping from the wall, the ghoul followed and the two took out as many titans as they could while on their journey to find soldiers.

"This is worst case scenario, right?" The ghoul asked her superior.

"Looks like it." The captain replied bluntly.

The ghoul continued their silence and sliced a few more napes of the enemy. But out of the corner of her eye she saw a brown jacket. "Captain over here." She said while speeding towards the soldier.

"Captain Levi's gonna make you pay for this." The soldier choked out while being crushed by the titans jaw. Kaya quickly sliced the skin of the titans jaw and swooped the garrison member from its grasp, while Levi delivered the final slice to its nape. The ghoul tried not to react to the sweet smell of blood that now coated her hands and not let her eyes take over.

"Captain Levi." The soldier spoke.

Levi knelt down next to the soldier. "I'm here." He soothed.