𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟒: 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐀 𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐄𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟒: 𝐓𝐇𝐄 CHANCE OF A LIFETIME

"Doing something bad doesn't make you a bad person

"Doing something bad doesn't make you a bad person."

MUCH TO HER PROTEST CHIRON DECIDED THEY'D DISCUSS THE LABYRINTH THE NEXT DAY.

"Annabeth!" Malcolm called just as Annabeth was getting settled in bed for the night. "Someone's here for you!"

Mumbling slightly under her breath, Annabeth got out of bed and opened the front door of the Athena Cabin.

    In front of her was Eris Lewis. She seemed to not have changed out of the clothes she wore earlier leaving her clothes worn out and dirty looking but she didn't seem to care. She stared at Annabeth almost instantly with her exhausted-looking brown eyes. Eris had changed, Annabeth knew that for a fact. Her mannerism, her tone, even her posture had changed from a formerly warily one to a more....confident one? No, Eris didn't seem more confident. She seemed fed up.

   Annabeth eyed her warily.

  Annabeth had known Eris for years, seen her grow up into the person she was today. She knew Eris had changed over the years but this version of Eris was something she was unfamiliar with. It was something new for her to experience.

And Annabeth still loved her friend dearly but she wasn't blind about Eris and Percy. Anyone with eyes could see the way they looked at each other and just know. Annabeth was well aware of her feelings for Percy. She'd be lying if she said sometimes she wasn't envious of Eris Lewis. Eris and Percy had always had this spark even when they were younger and Annabeth had just started getting a spark with Percy now. They were both competitors for Percy's affection and Annabeth hated that she had to be up against one of her dearest friends.

   Eris tucked her hands into her pocket, "Hi...um," she rocked on the heels of her boots and bit her lip. "Sorry, we didn't get any time to talk today. My mind has kinda been all over the place with Nico being gone but...I need a favor if that's okay?"

Annabeth tilted her head, "A favor?"

Eris nodded before reaching into her pocket and pulling out a wrinkled sheet of paper. "I really need this to stay a secret through. No one can know," she stared Annabeth in the eye. "Not even Percy."

   Annabeth frowned and smoothed out the paper, " When you decide to like yourself," Annabeth started to read out loud. "When you decide you need some help. When you don't have to think about it call upon the—"

   Lightning crackled suddenly making them both flinch.

   "What is this?" Annabeth asked.