Chapter 24

SAVANAH

I think it's been over an hour and my tears are not dry yet. I feel so tired and worn out that I didn't think I can drive myself back home.

I lay down on the bench with my face facing the stars. Today the uncountable stars don't seem to make my heart at peace.

I lay down there on the bench, tears rolling down my eyes and I kept thinking about the possible outcomes waiting for me tomorrow.

You can sleep with him and according to him, everything will be normal.

But you know it's a lie.

File a police complaint against him, but you can't because he is powerful and can ruin you to your death.

Call my parents, shut up Savanah don't even think about that. It's better to drink that poison in your hand.

I stood up from the bench and sat straight. I keep glancing at the bottle in my hand.

Just one sip all this will be over.

No, you won't you will take down Jul with you too.

I was so into deciding my options that I felt someone grabbing the poison bottle from my hand and smashing it loudly on the ground.

I flinched.

"What the hell were you thinking you, stupid woman." He yelled.

I didn't even have the strength to look at that face, because I don't want him to look at me the way I am now. Pathetic. Helpless.

"What were you thinking running at the top of this hill and having that poison bottle in your hand because of that asshole, he didn't give you a choice so you decided to kill yourself."

"Are you fucking nuts?" Leo yelled at me. The only thing I couldn't understand was how the hell did he know about it.

I still kept my head down and my tears were running like a waterfall. My hands shake I can't do this anymore. I want to rest.

"Savanah you can't do that, you can't leave me. I swear on my life I am gonna kill that bastard for doing this to you. I will make sure he will never enter any hospital in his damm life." Leo softly murmured.

"How?" I asked shivering. Leo had a confused face but ultimately he told me.

"I think you called me or by mistake, it happened and I listened to every conversation about you and him," Leo said with a scowl on his face. I still couldn't respond.

I suddenly remember my phone in my pocket and me playing with it.

"I have already recorded the call and told Dr Nolic and Jul about it." My eyes shot up to his face, no you didn't do that.

"What have you done Leo," I said with a new wave of tears forming in my eyes. Leo came to engulf me in a hug but I stepped back.

"Leo he especially told me not to tell Dr Nolic he will do something to Jul too," I yelled and fall to my knees on the ground.

Leo came near me and sat on his knees in front of me.

"He won't do anything until I tell him to. I just want you to trust me." Leo said with a soft voice.

As if his loud voice could break me into thousands of pieces.

"Do you trust me, Savanah?" Leo asked me. For the first time in my life, anyone has ever asked me to trust them.

And I was scared to answer him because deep down I do trust Leo. I trust him with my damm life.

"Y-yes I do," I said and I laid my head on Leo's chest and rested my whole body weight on his.