6.Meeting

"Hey honey wake up.Come on wake up."

I was already awake but I didn't want to leave my bed.

"Claire let me sleep please."

"Honey today the Marcs are coming."

Shit!

I immediately sat up.

"It's already afternoon.You didn't even have your breakfast. You should freshen up."

I immediately got up and rushed to the bathroom. After a while I got out padding my hair dry with the towel.Claire was still sitting on my bed gazing at me.I gave her a questioning look.

"I want you to try this I got for you."

She got out a box and placed it on my bed. I sat beside her and opened the box.
A beautiful navy blue dress was neatly packed in the box.I unfolded it. It was so smooth to touch. The dress was sleeveless and had not to thick straps. It had a slightly deep V neck cleavage and the same was at the back. The V's tip touched the thick band and from the band the dress flowed.The dress stopped right above my knees.I folded it back kept it in the box.

"You didn't have to do this Claire."

"Oh I had to buy it for you . It's so simple yet elegant like you. I couldn't buy the shoes because I didn't know your shoe size. I am sorry for that."

"It's alright I have some black Belle shoes.This dress is really beautiful"

"I know.The Marcs will be coming in 3 to 4 hours. You must get ready." She left the room.

Shit.

I quickly slipped into the dress.The dress felt soft against my skin.I had my belle shoes ready.
I was confused about what to do with my hair. I finally decide do to put it in to a bun left a few tendrils of hair. I was finally done . I left my room in search of Duncan. While coming down the stairs I saw Duncan sitting on the huge couch of the main hall reading his newspaper.

"Hey Duncan. "

Duncan looked up shifting his specs above which had dropped. He kept the newspaper aside.

"You look beautiful,Tiffany."

"Yes the dress has that effect."

Duncan stared at me for a while. He shook his head and smiled.

"What happened?"

"Nothing. Why don't you sit?"

"No I had to actually ask you something."

"Yes go ahead."

"Well is it okay if I speak to Zylen first.Then I'll meet his parents.I'll be in the library."

"Oh yes sure you can."

"Okay thanks."

He nodded.And I went towards the library. I walked through the shelves picking out a random book on the way. I started reading the book however the words blurred out as I tried to imagine a conversation in my head.
After a long time the light in the library dimmed suddenly I closed the book and gazed outside.The sun was retreating back behind the faded hills at its own leisure pace. I kept on staring until I blinked when the lights were switched on.
I checked my watch it was 4:45 pm.

Anytime now.

The doors of the library suddenly creaked and then they opened slowly.

A man about 6'3" entered but his wide back was turned towards me.
He suddenly turned and stared right into me.