Chp.14 | An Apology

Xiao seemed absolutely panicked. He quickly placed a hand to cover his cheek, looking embarrassed. "It's nothing, I just slept on my side and it left a print... What do you want?"

That didn't..look just a 'print'. Venti didn't just see things, right? That was a hand. Never mind..he shouldn't be suspecting Xiao of lying.

"Can we..talk for a second?"

-

Venti wanted to be sincere this time. He didn't want to just do this out of guilt anymore..it wasn't fair to Xiao. Since when did Venti care so much about how Xiao felt, though? He didn't know.

"..Right now?" Xiao asked, furrowing his eyes off to the side.

"Yes, please." Venti frowned.

Xiao hesitantly nodded before walking outside beside Venti, silently shutting the door behind him. "Make it quick." Xiao stated awkwardly.

"I will! I just—wanted to..apologize." Venti tried his hardest to remain his eye contact with the other. He wasn't very good with one on one apologies—he always made it awkward.

Before Xiao could speak, Venti continued after a short pause,"I'm sorry for making you stay out too late, and I'm sorry for not being fair to you."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean—I didn't treat you fairly! I've been worried about guilt this entire time—and I set your feelings aside." Venti was beginning to get fidgety.

"Ah.."

"Look—Im just really sorry, ok? You don't have to accept any of this. Just, I was worried about you and Childe said something to me and I can't stop thinking about it!"

Xiao stood silent for a moment,"You were..worried about me?"

Venti went quiet. Why did he feel his face beginning to heat up upon hearing those words coming from Xiao? Maybe because the Xiao Venti came to know would've never said something like that..he wouldn't look as starstruck as he looked now. And most of all, he wouldn't even be around Venti right now.

"..I—Yeah.. I kind of..left Childe because I wanted to come here." Venti now realized how bad that sounded,"I just—really wanted to make it clear that I'm sorry. I don't want to feel like hating you anymore, and I don't want you to feel the same."

"I never hated you, Veanti." Xiao responded.

"—Right.." he'd completely forgotten how bad Xiao was at pronouncing names. "Uhm—by the way. It's pronounced 'V-in-tee'. Not 'V-ee-ant-ee'."

"Hmm." Xiao paused,"Venti?"

Venti blushed, but quickly calmed down. It was just his name, why did he feel so flustered all the sudden? "Y-yeah..that."

"Ah, ok." Xiao smiled,"I'll call you that from now on, Venti."

It wasn't like he'd changed his name, he's just correcting him...why is it such a big deal? Venti looked away from Xiao. "Mhm.."

Venti's eyes widened,"Ah, you should go back inside now! Your mom is probably waiting for you, she seems to be worried about your well being—"

Xiao looked back at the door, and then back at Venti. "Okay. Goodbye, Venti." He shrugged.

"Bye—...Xiao."

And with that, Xiao had left to go back inside. That went..better than expected. He was making such a fuss about it, but Xiao is surprisingly really trusting. He probably just doesn't hold any grudges.

Venti's mind couldn't help to go back to the time where Xiao smiled at him..no! No no no, that doesn't matter. What matters is, he needs to go apologize to Childe too...

-

Once Venti got home, he quickly got his phone out.

-

VENTI: CHILDE IM SORRY!!!! But me and Xiao are friends now?!?! Idk, but like..he actually smiled at me

It didn't take him long to get a response back.

Childe: It's ok. I'm glad u two are friends, it's about time u stop hating him lol

VENTI: 😭😭Right...anyways. I'll see u tomorrow at school!! Bye Childeeee✌️

Childe: Mkay, bye

-

Venti set his phone down. For some reason, Childe's text seemed to be less lively. It was weird, maybe a girl rejected him or something. Ah—now that he thought about it, he never really seen Childe..date anyone. Or like anyone, for that matter.

He'd always reject every girl that asked him out, ever since elementary school. It was weird, but Venti didn't put too much thought into it. Maybe Childe just had high standards or something along the lines of that.

Venti layed down, staying at his ceiling fan. Maybe he should try to talk to Xiao at the end of the school day instead of with his friends like usual. Although, he doesn't really know if Xiao has..well, any interests. He never really talks about the things he likes. He talked about video games once, but he didn't even play them. He just had them because his father would send them in the mail.

And—there didn't seem to be anything else Xiao liked. Ah—maybe Venti could ask him! And if Xiao really doesn't, then Venti could just easily show him some interests. Xiao seemed like a night core kid—or maybe five nights at Freddy's. That would be something to laugh at.

-

After he ate dinner, Venti went to bed earlier than usual, yet, he still felt as tired as usual when he got up so it didn't make much of a difference.

-

Venti yawned, rubbing his eyes with a frown. He didn't want to waste any time when getting ready, he was too excited to see Xiao today! ...For some reason.

He got dressed quickly, taking a piece of toast his mom had made on the counter as he said his goodbyes.

Today would be a new day. A different day. Today, he would finally get over his hatred and guilt from Xiao.

Venti smiled to himself.

WORD COUNT ; 969

A/N; lol 6 9 OMG IM SO TIRED. Anyways, I got a baby fushiguro plush and I gotta say that it's so adorable. Totally worth 13 dollars. HES THE SIZE OF MY PALM IRS SO FURKEYRKEHEKEBD OMG MY RAMEN FUCK GTG BYE