31| Dancing in the rain

By:

First Impression
I actually liked it at first but the further I went the more I felt iffy about the story. I'll explain in the respective categories

Pacing
the writing for each scene is done very well but the amount of seemingly build up and connection that these three characters made through out a certain time that was mentioned felt too fast because the reader didn't see those moments.

Maybe when did the two end up liking Percy, I think that would be an interesting part. and the further I went it just felt forced as if the story is literally pushing for Dick and Persephone to end up together.

I would suggest to add conflict, tension, but still have a good amount of communication.

Like Ruby for instance, her character is actually pretty interesting but the tension between her and Persephone was too quick and a build up between them and Persephone and Dick would make good conflict.

A love triangle of sorts. (I personally don't like love triangles where one is clearly who the MC is going to end up with but whenever the author writes the second leas as this as equal of a choice and the MC actually thinking about/considering the second lead.

I get hooked easily)

But other than that I think the book is written in a way that's easy and enjoyable to read.

Plot
I wouldn't say there is a clear plot but honestly this book doesn't without it. I liked reading the book regardless so I won't go any further on this.

Characters
Persephone is an interesting character and I can see the possible growth for her character further into the story and I think her relationship between the other two is cute and I think with more time showing their time as friends before the conflict of both falling for Persephone would make the conflict more impactful I guess.

Other than that, I like Ruby and Dick's friendship and how they are with Persephone.

Dialogue
It didn't bother me while reading and they characters tones to them so I think you did well on this category!

Descriptions
It's pretty good and well written. It didn't change tone or felt like it was lacking at all.

It actually is like good wallpaper in an living room. It doesn't get noticed but it really helps bring life to the place. (Heh, yeah i couldnt think of anything else to us as comparison.)

Blurb
It was just the dialogue of their first meeting but it still serves it's purpose so I think it is still a good blurb.

Is it compelling
I don't read a lot of DC fanfiction so I am not entirely sure whether this is a compelling and unique story but as it's own I would consider this as a good fanfic and I would read it even if I wasn't required to review it.

Overall
I do apologize if I am not able to write down a lot more constructive criticism as expected as I think this review didn't really go into detail on how to improve.

Other than pacing, the rest is actually done well and I have no comments on the story as I also liked that part.

So yeah, I hope it was maybe helpful in some way and wasn't harsh at all.

That is all for this review, have a good day/night and farewell!