Sangria

It was second period and Violet quickly made her way to her history class, she had just come from biology and Bella wasn't there but she quickly noticed that neither was Edward. Violet had sent multiple texts to her adoptive sister but received nothing in return.

A simple "I'm okay" would be nice.

It stirred up some anger in Violet, Bella was just attacked by some low life, not that Bella knew that Violet knew...But still. Violet looks around her history classroom still not seeing Bella.

At least I know who she's with. Not that's it's helping me worry less.

Violet signs, walking to the back of the class taking her seat near the window, leaving Bella's seat next to her empty. Violet zoned out as soon as she sat down, drawing aimlessly in one of her work books still trying to control her worry. Occasionally she'd check her phone for any kind of response but nothing, not one message.

"Are you alright?"

Violet turns quickly at the sound of the all too familiar southern voice, surprised to find Jasper sitting next to her, "Have you been there this whole time?"

Jaspers lips turn up slightly, "That is what happens when you attend class m'am." Violet was shocked,

Is he making a joke?

"Wow." Violet nods her head, "I didn't think you had it in you."

"To make a joke?"

"To be funny." Violet looks at him with a light smile. Jasper through out an olive branch when he apologised and she would gladly accept it, Violet didn't like holding grudges even if she was extremely good at it.

Jasper stared at her for a moment before letting out a light chuckle, "I do try ma'm." He whispers, "You didn't answer my question?"

Violet looks at him confused before remembering, "Oh, It's just Bella," She says lightly before looking at him, genuine interest showing as she spoke to him so she elaborated, "She's skipped and hasn't messaged me back."

Jasper nodded, "I'm sure she's fine, She's with Edward so there's no need to worry." Jasper try's to reassure her. Edward, since being back has shown tremendous amounts of restraint when it comes to his human mate. Jasper sent a wave of calming emotions to Violet out of habit in hopes that it will surpass her feelings of worry.

Little did Jasper know....

Violet would feel it.

It wasn't a sudden change. From worried to peaceful... but she felt it. It was so strange.. peacefulness slowly entered her body taking over each and every worry one at a time. Violet stared at Jasper so intently, seeing if he'd give off any clue that it was him but he didn't, he sent her a small smile before looking towards the front of the class seemingly focusing on the teachers words. Violet looked at him for a moment longer before turning to look out the window, the teaches words becoming a whisper in the wind to her ears.

********

Jasper was panicking, trying so hard not to look at the lavender haired girl next to him. Violet felt it. Jasper was sure if it, he was sure that she felt him sway her worry to peacefulness. Jasper hadn't meant to do it and he didn't notice he'd even done it till he saw the look in her eyes, like she knew what'd he'd done. Jasper started to feel his own anger take over.

I should've left her alone. I shouldn't of spoken to her.

"Are you okay?" Jasper let out an involuntary sigh at the sound of Violet's voice, her voice, so soft and delicate.. but it... had a certain sharpness to it even as she whispers to him. Jasper thought back to what Edward had told their family, that Violet's voice had got inside of his mind.. persuaded him.. forced him to listen. Jasper will never forget how he felt when Edward told them that detail about his mate. That's small flicker of fear that started to burn brighter and brighter.