Chapter : 45

Closer.

"I heard him quite clearly Abhi." Zoya emphasizes. The door to her and Ganika's hotel room gets opened and in comes Mihir and Ganika.

"What did you hear?" Mihir asks while entering and closing the door behind him.

"Telling you. But first, the things I asked for? Did you bring them?" Zoya asks.

"I brought those earlier. Let's finish up with what happened, I am showing you those later." Derek answers.

"Fine. I'll repeat the scenario once again. I got inside the hospital and went to the same floor where I last met this Nihal guy. As surprising as it might sound, I actually found him at that very floor. He was coming out of this cabin no. 106, the room that he practically locked from outside. I thought it might be some storage or something. When he came out he was talking to someone over phone and didn't even notice me standing there." Zoya says.

"What makes you so sure?" Ganika asks.

"Wait. Let me complete, you'll get the answer. So, as I was saying, he didn't even notice me. At least that's what I initially thought. I decided that I should  meet him after he is done and took the stairs down. I was halfway when the thought occurred that I won't be able to find him easily if I don't follow him right now. So once again I ran upstairs. And that's when it happened." Zoya stops, giving a dramatic pause as she looks at Abhirup, who gives her a knowing look.

"What happened?" Mihir asks curiously.

"She heard Nihal Deshpande talking to someone about herself and how she accidentally came infront of "the cabin" once again. And also that there's nothing to worry about, she has left." Abhirup explains.

"And then he literally asked "what is happening Dan?! What are you not telling me?" That means he himself isn't aware of whatever is happening inside that room." Zoya retorts.

"Now the question is that he came out of the same room, then how come he doesn't know what's happening? Unless that was a totally different subject he was talking about." Abhirup asks crossing his arms over his chest.

"Now what are you suspecting?" Derek asks curiously.

"I am suspecting the obvious Derek." Zoya answers.

"They have kept Sudha inside that cabin?" Ganika responds, her teary eyes widening. Everyone snaps their heads towards her, their eyes doesn't hold any sense of surprise. By now all of them suspected the same. It is the time to admit the truth.

"Yes. What else would they want to hide from us?" Zoya says biting on her lower lip as her voice starts shaking as well.

"If that's the case Zoya, then we have to sketch out a plan at the earliest. Now that we finally have something, some clue, no matter what happens we need to discover the truth." Abhirup says while standing up. His eyes stare outside the window as his eyebrows furrow.

"Yes. Let's give ourselves this week. Which means we have some four days or so in our hands. I think all of us are aware of Danuj D's powers or how evil he can be when a situation demands. If he has forced someone like Sudha to submit to something she would have never willingly submitted to, just because she hurt his ego, think what he can do to us. So we have to keep this in mind that this has to be dangerous, life threatening even." Zoya utters.

"I am in, no matter what the consequences are." Abhirup says.

"Count us all in! What say?" Mihir asks over his shoulder to both Ganika and Derek.
"We are in." Both of them replies in unison.

¤¤¤¤¤

She takes the downstairs. She feels way better than the last two days. Why won't she? The man left no stone unturned for the sole purpose of bringing her back to health. He was always around her, which means he skipped going to work. Who knew, this huge, strong, rough and tough man can be such a softie from inside. A small smile lights up her face as she shakes her head in understanding.