𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘

FLASHBACK FOUR

FLASHBACK FOUR

BITTERSWEET.

It is often used when you cannot pick a side on something, whether it's sweet or salty, happy or sad, good or bad, it is just bittersweet.

The idea of bittersweet was that it was right in the middle, so it made sense. It was understood. It didn't need an explanation.

It was a regular Sunday morning as I brushed the hair off of my face, laying in my bed. Turning and twisting between the sheets as I attempted to get out of bed. These were one of the moments when my brain was far ahead of my body.

Conceding my body with a soft blanket as I was practically wrapped in it. It wasn't as cold today but it felt nice to be in the comfort of my bed.

I always thought the ceiling of the dorms was beautiful. There were small hidden writings of parseltongue written in the corners, the mixture of green and black swirling across the ceiling as there were silver linings.

It was a habit, often getting lost watching the ceiling as my thoughts overcame me. I have taken a realization that I often lived more in my head than in reality itself. Maybe it was the feeling of comfort where I often pushed myself back from certain things.

Uncertainty was an uncanny feeling. It was indescribable, but there was one word that shouted the feeling. Bittersweet. I hated heights. They terrified me, but I often did things that involved it because it was an uncertain feeling.

But there was one thing that I couldn't ever pass, no matter how many times I attempted.

"You would not believe what just happened," Bonnie practically shouted those words as my head turned, "you would not believe."

I pushed myself up, leaning my back against the headboard of my bed as my brows rumpled into confusion. "And what would that be?"

"Why are you still in bed?" She asked as she took a seat on her bed. Bonnie and I shared a dorm room until Amelia became a new addition to the room.

"I wasn't feeling up to waking up early today," I quickly said, "what were you shouting about when you entered?"

"Right — right," she said calmly, "so it was supposed to be an early Sunday morning with assignments to finish, and Hogwarts gossip to catch up with."

"The usual." I pulled my hair together and clipped it in the back. Still in my pajamas.

"Yes, the usual," she said, "but then Ginny Weasley invited me to the Gryffindor common room and asked for help with the Potions homework. I was sort of questioning it at first, what if she took me to the chamber instead — "

"Bonnie that was three years ago, and she was possessed, may I remind you." I raised my brows for confirmation as she nodded her head.

"I guess," she spoke slowly, "but I was led into a George Weasley proposal instead."