32 | Blood lust and butterflies

By:

First Impression

As I begin reading, I'm already hooked. You established the situation of the character without them actually telling it but still being clear.

That can be hard to accomplish especially in the very beginning of the book. I have more to talk about this amazing book, buckle yourself, this review will be quite a ride.

Pacing

This paragraph in particular needs some appreciation.

how you branched from the maids delivering food, establishing how Eko is being fed stuck in that cage, then to how they do it

how you branched from the maids delivering food, establishing how Eko is being fed stuck in that cage, then to how they do it. To Eko's desire to be a part of it (subtly also adding how she desires to be one with others) to how she is being hidden is honestly beautiful.

This is published book quality as I'd call it.

The way you pace the story is so well done.

Plot

Honestly, I don't think I'll be able to give the amount of praise this book deserves. It's amazing.

The plot is so interesting and I've never encountered a story where I can't even guess what might happen.

The world building was done so well it feels like observing a finished woven masterpiece, the way the variants are established through the words of the, quite annoying, visitors. (Jupe in particular)

Was amazing, it raises so many questions (not in a confusing way) it makes you wonder what else is going to happen for Eko and how is the world outside.

It just feels like I'm actually reading about Eko's story from her perspective and not through a narrator who's trying to sound like Eko. (does that makes sense?)

I've read some other books here on wattpad and most try to make a distinct voice for the main character whenever it's in first POV and most of the time,

They go for this sarcastic or 'different' voice but some fail because it doesn't feel like it's the character's voice but more of an impersonation.

Eko however, without saying straightforwardly that she is like this or that, has that distinct voice from how she narrates things.

She's lonely, confused, and kind is being manipulated (i'm getting that vibe from her)

And when she begins to question Roman's intentions it slowly builds up to the potential conflict and it's soo exciting to see whether that will unfold or not.

Characters
Eko is already a favorite, heh. She hasn't been completely fleshed out yet but I already like her.

Ardor is written well and is equally interesting with the way you have written the way he reacted to Eko and how he was introduced made him look like he had good intentions.

(the comments about human race, the chuckling thing it think, and the straightforward answers)

Roman was so interesting as soon as he was introduced. His intentions can be so gray sometimes and then others it felt like it was clear how he seemed to be manipulating Eko but then sometimes I question maybe it's a misunderstanding.

He is a compelling character and honestly makes the story more interesting that it already is.

Dialogue

I love you make use of dialogue to establish the world building and how people treat Variants and also the treatment towards them.

The entire jupe conversation really drove that home with how they called Eko 'it'

And the conversations between Eko and Roman really helped establish their relationship right on the get go.

the dialogue, overall, was enjoyable and each line has purpose.

Descriptions

Now, in this category, you shine. I love chapter 3 and 4 in particular.

It flows so well, it was so easy to read. It establishes the setting and the situation perfectly honestly I don't think I have anything else to say.

Blurb

It raises questions and the beginning of the plot just to tell what the reader should expect but still remains mysterious.

Is it compelling
I'm actually surprised this book doesn't have like 5k or even more reads.

Maybe it's because I love fantasy but this is by far the best book I've read in this review book.

It has memorable characters, an interesting plot, and the world building is beautiful.

Overall

I think it's clearly I adore your book and it honestly gave me inspiration for my own book. This is such a well written book.

Anyway, before I spiral to another ramble about the book's beauty, I hope this book was helpful in some way.

Have a good day/night and farewell!