THIRTY

I hummed to myself while staring at my outfit through the mirror. I sighed while attempting to zip up my dress. Tobias and I are attending a party thrown by Valeria.

I'd rather stay in bed and hide from the world. I wasn't ready for the questions of my disappearance or the judgmental states, but maybe leaping into the public will
make the drama calm.

"Ready?" Tobias leaned against the door.

"If you don't mind, can you zip up my dress?" I questioned.

He nodded while slowly walking over. He looked amazing. He had wore a black button-down shirt tucked into grey slacks. He accented his outfit with a gold watch and a simple gold chain.

He analyzed me through the mirror. His eyes met mine before looking at the red dress I wore then back to my eyes. My stomach fluttered as he continued staring into my eyes while zipping up my dress.

We stayed like that for a moment. Just staring at each other through the mirror, both content with each other's looks. I could smell the cologne on him, it smelled like heaven.

"We should, um." Tobias cleared his throat.

"Yeah." I nodded.

~

"How did you manage to leave Theo?" Valeria chuckled.

"He's with his mom at the moment. The results haven't come in yet." I sighed while sipping the champagne.

"Where did Tobias run off to?"

"The bathroom."

"Have a good night ladies?" Luca questioned.

Valeria nodded while looking at me. "I'll leave you two to chat."

She walked away.

"Everything alright?"

"Yeah. I just want to apologize for calling Tobias back in Turks and Caicos. I was worried because you were missing an-"

"It's okay. I appreciate your help, I needed it at that moment."

"If you couldn't tell, Tobias loves you. He looks at you with love in his eyes."

"Don't be silly. We care for each other, but I would say he loves me."

"Do you love him?"

I remained quiet while sipping my champagne.

"I rest my case."

"Everything alright?" Tobias walked up to us.

"Yeah man, I was just having a chat with Athena." Luca nodded. "I'll see you two later."

Luca walked away. Tobias gave me a slight smile before delicately grabbing my waist. His arm felt strong and defensive as if he was protecting me from something.

"Would you like to dance?" He questioned.

"I'm always up for a dance. One second." I quickly finished my champagne glass before placing it on a waiter's tray.

I led him to the floor before wrapping my arms around his neck. He stared into my eyes as we slowly swayed back and forth.

"You should be careful," Tobias said.

"Careful with?"

"Associating with Luca, you're the spectacle of this party and people will turn a little thing into something."

"Noted." I nodded.

"You look very nice, by the way. Can't remember if I told you that."

"You did." I chuckled. "But you look very handsome."