二十九 | 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

「CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE: IN MY HEAD」

NOW PLAYING:
DIRTY LITTLE ANIMALS (FROM THE SERIES 'ARCANE') - BONES UK
||◁ㅤ❚❚ㅤ▷||
01:20 ━━━━⬤─────── 03:25

Walking along the sidewalk of a street in Hosu City, the white-haired girl looked around, watching as normal people went about, finishing up their day as the sky continued to turn into darkness. The filtered noise of civilians chatting echoed all around the two sorcerers as they made their way through the shining city of Hosu.

Gripping onto the black-haired sorcerer as she speedily weaved her way through the crowds of people roaming around, the youngest Gojo looked around at the buildings surrounding her, watching the light from inside the buildings shine through the windows.

Letting out a laugh, Y/N looked back behind her, eyes landing on the form of Megumi who was slightly struggling to keep up with her, even though they were holding hands. His messy hair continued to whip and wave around as the pair continued to run through the streets, making up for the time that was lost from being separated on missions.

"C'mon! Let's find the curse! Keep up, you slowpoke!" The white-haired girl teased, watching as her boyfriend barely managed to stay behind her, his hand tightening around hers in an effort to not lose her in the crowd.

"Well maybe if you slowed down a bit then we could search more thoroughly." Megumi silently yelled back at the girl, his legs moving on autopilot to follow her as she dragged him around.

Y/N didn't respond to him, giggling instead as she continued to run, expertly weaving left to right to avoid people in front of her. Megumi stumbled into a few people as they passed the crowd, letting out short apologies as he bumped into them.

The black-haired boy sighed in exasperation, looking back forward at the girl holding his hand. A small smile appeared on his face as he silently lowered his chin into the high collar of his Jujutsu Tech uniform, hiding the smile.

"Calm down, we'll find the curse and have some fun while we're at it, Megs!" She yelled back at him, continuing to look forward, however, slowing down to a slight jog instead of running. Now jogging at a slightly fast pace, Y/N continued to move forward, clicking her tongue a few times as she laughed.

"Besides, nothing bad is going to happen, don't worry!"

As she turned the corner to head down another street, the white-haired girl looked in confusion as she watched a well-dressed lady run past her, dragging a crying toddler behind her. Furrowing her eyebrows at the odd occurrence, Y/N stopped in her tracks as she watched more people begin to run past her as if they were running away.

The people began to scream in fear as they ran past the pair of sorcerers, and it wasn't until Y/N saw a burst of bright orange flames erupt from the side of a building, that she realised what was happening.

"Shit." She cursed, letting go of Megumi's hand out of shock. The black-haired boy stood behind her before he raised his head to observe the scene before them.

The buildings around them were set ablaze, infected with wispy orange fire that continued to spread and consume the buildings. Civilians spread throughout the area and let out cries of panic, running away from the danger that has begun to overtake Hosu City.

In the centre of all the chaos, stood multiple odd creatures.

Y/N narrowed her eyes through her blindfold, analysing the creatures. They didn't seem to have any cursed energy, aside from a slight trace that would appear if they were touched by a being with cursed energy.