Chapter 5

Once outside, you waited a bit for him to go ask, nicely for sure, for his car, a few meters away from you. The chill air made you hug yourself since you didn't bring anything to cover your shoulders with. It was your first time in a club after all, you didn't know anything about anything.

{ /!\ WARNING! slight dark contest and some blood down here, if you're unconfortable please scroll down fast without reading till you see a huge space with double lines. The story goes back to normal and fluff there}

Suddenly, you felt something light on your shoulders. A jacket maybe? Then something heavier... an arm? Scaramouche? No, he was in front of you, getting his car. You turned around, hearing a manly voice speak. "Such a c-cute girl aaaall alone out here in the chilly n-night. Tsk, that's nooot good, we gotta do s-something about that, r-right Jason?" he was stumbling on his own words. Two boys were standing in front of you, one eyeing you from head to toe with a smirk, the other one hugging your shoulders tightly enough to make it clear he wouldn't allow you to run away. Not that you would have been able to. You were terrified, you could barely breath or think, yet alone move a single finger.

Scaramouche turned his head to talk to you "Y/n, get -". 

No one. He was sure he told you to stay with him, where were you?! He started paniking, lot of bad things could happen to girls in places like those. He would have never let something similar ever happen to you. And even if you were safe just around there somewhere, maybe lost, maybe drunk, he still was the only one with you that night, your friend left you with him, he was feeling responsible for everything that could happen to you or that you could do. Who knows, maybe you're really good at hiding the fact you're drunk. Lot of thought were running in his head, while he looked behind the cars next to him, turned back to his car, maybe you were just really fast and got in alredy, and frenetically looked everywhere.

Then, he spotted you, just a few meters behind. But his heart didn't stop racing, for you were with two drunk guys. One of him was holding your chin up, sliding his arm from your shoulders to your waist to hold you close to him. The other one was making his car keys spin on his finger, with eyes fixated on you and a smug face that was beggin to be punched. Scaramouche was too far to hear what they were telling you, but close enough to reach you in a couple of seconds of sprint.

One second you were being pulled towards a guy you didn't know, reek of alcohol running through your nose, and your heart beating faster than you ever heard it do, terrified to the point you were unable to do anything; the second after you were free, looking at your friend's back. He had an arm stretched to the side, to protect you from the two drunks, one of them leaning to his side on the street, wiping blood from his bottom lip, his jacket thrown next to him.

Moving a little back and to the side, shock and anger now hitting you making you tremble, you were now able to look at Scaramouche better. He was slightly panting and flames seemed to burn in his eyes, but when he spoke his voice sounded almost calm. Even more scary. "Pieces of shit like you two shouldn't be allowed to even look at girls".

The other guy, Jason, as you registered, was helping the one Scaramouche punched to get up, trying to convince him to leave you and your boyfriend alone and go search for another "chick". But he was soon left standing there empty handed when his friend launched toward your friend, screaming in rage "What did you just called me, shortie?!"

You were frenetically looking around, hoping to find some help. For now, Scaramouche was dodging or blocking every fist, not wanting to start a fight, but you had to find a way to a stop them. You could see in his eyes the burning desire to ruin those guys' faces for their life. And you were sure he would have been able to do it. Gut instinct maybe. Fortunately, you were close to the exit, and one of the guards stepped in to stop whatever was going on there. The two guys left under the judging galre of the guard, now asking if you were feeling better, if anything happened, if you wanted to call for someone, if you wanted to head inside again to warm up, if you needed anything even just a bottle of fresh water. He truly was a nice guy, despite being huge and very scary. You even had to tilt your head up a lot to meet his green eyes. But you politely declined every courtesy, and resurred him: Scaramouche was a friend and you were alredy just about to get home.