Little Heart || 04

jungkook: 18 yo
jimin: 22 yo

___

jungkook smiles fondly, sitting with hoseok next to him while jimin is standing near the slide, holding aera's hand as she slides down slowly with a giggle plastering her lips and happy cackles emerging out. jimin then stands in front of the slide, catching her once she's halfway down, lifting her in his arms which never fails to make her laugh.

when she's left on her feet again, her tiny feet run to the ladder with the brothers' worried eyes lingering along, scared that she might fall down or what if she gets tired? jimin follows her closely, holding her hand which eventually slows her down, but the excitement to get up at the height and slide back down to jimin never lessens in her shimmering eyes.

as jimin supports her to climb up, aera whines a little, trying wriggle out of his hands and do the job on her own, "oppa, no! riri will go alone," she says, pushing his hands away from her waist, making the brother sigh.

"okay, next time." he hums dismissively, pulling her from the ladders and makes her sit straight at the top, "come," he gestures her to slide and walks over to the side, holding her hand.

aera whines more and yanks her hand back, wanting to do slide down by herself despite the brother's continuous protests. jungkook and hoseok join soon enough on seeing jimin struggling alone and aera on the verge of crying, not minding the other child who's waiting for her turn to come down the slide.

"ri, come here," jungkook says, holding out his arms for her, "we'll go again okay? this time you can climb alone,"

"nooo!" the four-year-old whines, kicking her legs, making the boys gulp with sympathetic eyes staring at her.

"okay, okay, don't cry," jimin says, exchanging a glance with hoseok and jungkook who sigh softly,  "come on your own,"

"oppa, go away!" she shakes her hand, gesturing them to step aside and let her slide alone like the other kids in the park.

"hyung, no," jungkook whispers, nudging jimin with his elbow and gestures him to hold her.

"let her do it," the elder sighs, watching aera ready to slide down with a victorious smile while the boys are staring at her cautious and prepared to hold her if anything goes wrong. even the slightest.

"yeah, we don't want her crying," hoseok agrees with jimin, making jungkook sigh, ultimately nodding his head too.

they take a subtle step forward, almost going to lift her up as she comes down, cheering at her little accomplishment and waves at the brothers, making them smile in relief on seeing she's fine. though it doesn't last long as aera lets out a cough, stumbling on her feet when she lands with a turbulence, having the guys springing into action and instantly carry her up.

jimin pats her back gently while hoseok opens the lid of her water bottle, holding it in front of her mouth to let her sip some water. jungkook stands still, staring at the sister with worried eyes, praying for her to be fine when he suddenly hears a faint chuckle from behind. he lets his eyes roam back after making sure aera is fine and finds two ladies standing there, probably some kids' mothers.

"you should loosen up a little," one says, "children need a little rough environment to grow healthier."

"yes, i think you're overdoing in taking care of her."

jungkook frowns at the unwanted advice, following their gazes which are fixated on aera as she's talking to jimin who looks a little less worried than when she coughed. the ladies chuckle in disbelief, shaking their heads which again grabs a part of jungkook's attention, forcing him to react. however one of the ladies is fast to interrupt him, saying, "your over-affectionate attitude makes the rest of the kids want that kind of treatment too, y'know? my five-year-old kept whining for me to join her while playing today. she usually comes alone other times,"