Prologue: Freedom

Growing up in a very filthy rich family was everyone's dream. Use your fortune to buy everything you want without worrying about its price and travel around the world while spending all of your fortune.

Have you ever wondered how it feels to be the only daughter of the richest family in the world?

If you think it was the nicest thing ever and I was the very lucky person on earth, you are all wrong, especially when you are a Brüshweiler.

Marco Brüshweiler was my step-father. He got married to my mom when I was three years old, and he took care of me like I was his real daughter.

Chittip Manoban, my biological mother and Marco's wife, is the person who carried me in her womb for nine months. She met my step-father in Switzerland when she had a medical mission there.

They somehow clicked and fell for each other, then decided to settle down. 

Both are the son and daughter of a wealthy family who owns different types of businesses. Being from a wealthy family resulted in my family becoming the richest family in the whole world.

What my step-father had and what my mother had became one. They decided to merge it and handle it together, and when the time comes, I will inherit everything.

Inheritance.

Money.

Businesses.

Those three are the reasons why I lost my freedom. My parents feel they need to protect me from other people since there are a lot of people wanting to bring my family down because of envy and jealousy.

I'm homeschooled, have never experienced socializing with others, and the only people I'm always talking to are the maids, butlers, and bodyguards who are always with me wherever I go.

Well, I'm always in the house and have never had a chance to go outside except when my parents want me to attend our company meeting.

I'm already twenty-three years old and have a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a Major in Management Accounting. It doesn't have a board exam, but I took the civil exam, which I passed and even became a topnotcher.

Books became one of my companions while I'm prisoned here inside this freaking massive mansion. Wherein, you can get lost if you don't have a map (just kidding).

Sometimes, I wonder how it feels to walk around outside and do what normal people do. Like eating street foods, playing in the arcade, and enjoying nature.

I wished for my parents to let me go outside to experience that, but instead of letting me go, they bought a whole food stall selling different types of street foods, made an arcade room in this mansion, and built a waterfall in the back part of our land.