023 :: AMBULANCE EXPLOSIONS.

RUNAWAY
CHAPTER TWENTY THREE...!

!

❝ SEASON THREE-FOUR ❞

      JENNIE WAS HAVING a good day. Coincidentally, she was staying in New York, the same place her dad's new case was at, for the weekend, for college interviews. If it was up to her, she would say the interview went well— despite her leg bouncing up and down profusely.

Not too long ago, Jennie had passed her driver's test, and obtained a license. However, for some odd reason, she was terrified to sit behind the wheel, which is why she mainly traveled places by foot or on her bike. Her father said he was the same way until he got some experience, so she just tried to wait it off.

"Jennie, if you're going to use both your feet to handle the pedals, you need to get out the driver's seat." Her father told her, seeing the way his daughter was driving.

"It's easier this way!"

"Get out. I'm driving."

Nonetheless, she was having a good day.

However, when she got the call that revealed a bomb was planted in her father's SUV, sending him flying, her day soon went far from good.

It wasn't long when Jennie hopped into a taxi, and pleaded them to rush to the hospital her dad was at. When she got there, she found Derek outside the hospital.

"Derek!" She called out to him.

He turned, his eyes landing on the teen "Jennie—"

He pulled her into a hug, seeing how she was obviously in an immense amount of fear and shock. When he pulled back, he cupped her face, trying to stop her from shaking, as she rambled.

"I-I tried to get here as fast as I could. I-I just got my driver's liscense a month ago, and I-I have a rental car, but I was too scared I was going to crash— So, I had to wait for a taxi to show up, and— and—"