CHAPTER 67. Bear Vrs Bears

Fortunately Sharon didn't come along, but Joe and Bear did. The woods were quite nice, last time I walked like this it was still winter, land covered in snow and ice.

Now birds were singing and gathering things to make nests as we walked along a dirt path. Aaron and I were side by side, and I was dying to reach out and hold his hand.

But I was too nervous to just do it, so I looked around at all the plants budding and growing in size and color as spring came full force. "I'm sorry about my wife, truly," Joe apologized again.

I shook my head. "I feel fine now that I've bitch slapped her," I told him honestly. Joe looked incredibly amused as he nodded. 

A gazebo came into view, it was white and surrounded by rose bushes, the woods cleared around it. It kind of seemed like something I would see at Cyprus's house.

"Welp, I'm going to go do some bird watching," Joe patted the binoculars around his neck. "Have fun and don't get lost," Joe said kindly then looked at Bear. "Want to come with me?"

I was really hoping Bear was going to say yes, so Aaron and I would be alone, but he shook his head and crossed his arms like a typical teenager.

Huh, guess I'm a typical teenager a lot then. Aaron pulled out a cigarette and handed it to me as he pulled out his lighter.

I touched it to my lips curiously, just to see what it would feel like. Aaron flicked on the lighter and I froze as he lit the end of the cigarette as it sat between my lips.

Aaron delicately grabbed the middle and took it from me, placing it in his own mouth as I gazed at him.

Bear grumbled under his breath and sat on a rock, crossing his arms some more.

I nearly sighed in relief as Aaron gently grabbed the tips of my fingers, leading me up and into the gazebo, where all the way around there were benches connected to the wall. Aaron sat, and I eased beside him as he smoked calmly.

"You go back tomorrow," Aaron said slowly and I inhaled as the smell of the smoke filled my nose.

"Yeah," I said softly, unsure as how to feel about that. It was mixed, and I was surprised at that. I really didn't think I would like it here at all.

"Do you miss them?" Aaron glanced down at my face as I gazed at the roses.

"Yes, but it's only been a day and a half, as much as I play it up," my face burned. "I'm not dying in their absence,"

Aaron hummed and snubbed out his cigarette in an ashtray beside him. "You do know, that you act different sometimes, don't you Raven?"

I paused and looked up at him. "Cross said something like little space? He said that last night, River said I was acting differently."

Aaron nodded and looked as though he was trying to find the right words. "It wouldn't surprise me if you've always been like this, and your vampires assumed it was simply personality."

I furrowed my brows as he looked up at the sky and tilted his head back. "What do ya mean?" I questioned.

Aaron glanced down at me. "I'm meant for you, and you're meant for me, every bit of me, and every bit you is attuned to make the other happy. Even though they met you first, I complete you."

I wasn't really sure what to say to that, and Aaron went on. "They're noticing now because I'm bringing it out of you more, it's okay to want to act like a little girl, Raven."

I pressed my hands together. "But I'm not a little girl, and I don't always want to, but..." I felt incredibly flustered. "Sometimes, a lot of the time I do," my emotions felt all over the place, and all the sudden I wasn't sure what I wanted.