Ch: 8 // Ep: 2

----

"I mean, it's obvious. Right? A family heirloom. What better place to hide a message?" John B exclaims, looking at the pogues. Olivia sits at the bottom of the twinkie, back rested against the door. 

"He had to know it would get back to me, right?" John B's tone was hopeful, like he wanted to believe this was true. 

"Yeah its possible," Kiara tries her best to smile at the boy, however she looks more worried than happy.

"it could also be possible that you concocting theories to help," Pope shrugs, "You know deal with your sad feels,"

"Bro, you know how I process my sad feels," JJ starts, "Dank Nugs and the sickiest of ickies,"

"Im no concocting ok?" John B demands, "My dad's trying to give me a message!"

"If it helps you believe, John B," Kiara mumbles, however John quickly interupts.

"Look I- I- don't need a therapy session ok?" John B shouts, his voice breaking, "Im not tripping out,"

"Its ok to trip out bro-"

"Look my dad is missing okay?" He looks back at Liv who quickly nods, "You don't know what it's like to have the person closes to you vanish! And just wake up every morning wondering,  where they went,"

"It's been almost a year," Olivia says, softly.

"Hey, he could have been kidnapped. That's definitely possible," JJ says as he looks at Liv, who just rolls her eyes at him.

"Yeah could be in a Soviet Sub or getting interrogated by the KGB somewhere," Pope shrugs, looking out the window.

"Absolutely, uh or Atlantis?" He points at Pope. 

"JJ," Kiara warns with a glare.

"Look, John, what do you think the message is?" Olivia asks.

"Redfield light house," John B says, blankly, "It was my dad's favourite place,"

They reach the lighthouse and hop out of the van. They look at the fenced off light house towering above them.

"Right, You're gonna post up and look out for bogeys," John B points between Liv and JJ. 

Olivia groans and complains, "I never get to do the fun stuff!"

"Why us?" JJ agrees, rolling his eyes.

"Because your not coming," Pope says, cockily.

"Why?"

"There are independent variables and dependent variables. And you guys are independent. We don't know what you'll do,"

"Fuck off," Olivia exclaims at the same time JJ says "Shut up". JJ and Pope start arguing before John B shouts, "Listen to me for a second, Pope you stay with them, ok? If we split up, we meet back at JJ's house,". Before Kiara leaves with John b, Olivia grabs here hand and looks at her worryingly.  

"I'll be ok," She kisses Liv's cheek and follows John B into the lighthouse. JJ whistles behind them and Liv flips him off before getting into the twinkie.

"Im gonna work on my merits scholarship essay, and Im trying to keep felonies to a minimum." Pope says, sarcastically.

"All right, would you just shut up already?" JJ groans, kicking the ball around.

"You shut up, JJ," Olivia shouts, defending the boy. 

----

JJ and Liv were kicking a ball around when they heard the sirens coming towards them. "Oh shit," They all shout running to the twinkie.