18-eighteen

The last thing that you remembered before closing your eyes was the falling tiles, that looked like they were going to crush you.

Casíta was barely hanging on, as it slowly decayed and destroyed itself. The once jovial and vibrant paint desaturated from the dust gathering ontop of them.

Casíta used the last of its strength, to save the three of you from being flattened like an arepa.

Casíta gathered a pile of broken doors and frames, from around the ruins, pushing them towards you using the few tiles that were still intact.

Casíta stacked the few things it could gather ontop of you, with a tent-like structure.

The rubble turned into smaller rubble as they hit the protective roof on top of your heads.

Dust fill the air around you, as it colored you with the gray from the concrete.

┅┅┅┅┅┅

You gag a little, some of the dust got into your mouth, and your eyes too.

Opening your eyes felt sore, and they would just revert to being closed again after a while.

You move your arms around blindly, to try and grasp your surroundings.

You felt the worn fabric of the two people you nearly got trapped with, Mirabel and Dolores.

Thankfully, their bodies were still koving normally, except for light shaking from both of them, after receiving minor injuries all around their bodies.

You move your arms to your face, wiping out the dust that were making your eyes hurt.

The dust eventually stuck to your fingers, and they all eventually fell out, one by one.

There were still some stuck in your eyelids, but opening your eyes was managable now, and it didn't hurt you as much as they did before.

Even though your eyes were open, a thick gray haze covered most of your vision, only the objects directly next to you were obvious outside of the fog.

You felt Mirabel's torn sleeve with your right hand, the intricate and colorful designs of her shirt slowly fell off.

You feel Dolores' dress on your left hand, several holes that continued through to her skin were scattered about the woman.

Something in your body was hurting, but your brain could not figure out where the pain was coming from.

The smog slowly cleared, and with it, everyone else became clearer behind it, scurrying bodies were moving quickly to the three of you, happy that they saw you alive.

You push your body up to a sitting position, and looked around the ruins of the once amazing house, scanning what each Madrigal was doing just after suddenly being homeless.

The Madrigals immediately jumped to care for the three of you, almost to the point of forgetting that their house was now just a pile of rubble.

"Are you okay!? Are you hurt!?" The two pairs of parents went infront of their respective children, Pepa and Felix held Dolores' arms, and slowly looked for the bruises and cuts on her skin, Julieta and Agustin did their best to both hug Mirabel at the same time, but they couldn't really bring it all in.

"(Y/n), how about you!?" The two mothers held your knees, you look down and notice that your pants were dirty from the dust and the blood that came from the scrapes on your legs.

"(Y/N)!!!" Two strong voices came from the front door, or what remained of it atleast. The door was basically useless now, the walls around it were already open so the doorway would just be redundant.