Chapter 28

"Ena-...can we talk?" I hear Atlas call out.

"Now?" I ask

"Well yeah" he says

"But I'm high" I say before I can think twice about it.

"You what!?- you know it doesn't matter- open the door please so we can talk" he calls out

I do as he says and unlock the door while I continue taking another drag of the joint.

Atlas quickly opens the door and his eyes land on me.

I wave at him as a greeting while he comes to sit down next to me on the ground.

I gently blow out the smoke in the other direction so it doesn't hit his face or his lungs.

"Can I-?" He asks referring to the joint.

"No" I tell him

"Why?"

"It's not good for you" I say

"But you're smoking it" he states.

"Yes- I am" I confirm his observation.

"So you can smoke some weed but I can't" he says.

"Exactly" I say as I once more blow out the smoke in the other direction.

He looks at me slightly annoyed but doesn't object in any kind of way.

"So are you excited to go shopping tomorrow?" He asks me.

I shrug my shoulders, "sure, I'll buy a new shirt or two" I tell him.

"You'll get a lot more than that" he says.

"Why?"

"Because we missed you and now that you're back you'll get spoiled endlessly"

"I'll buy my own shit, don't spend money on me" I mutter before I take another drag of the cigarette .

"Too bad you don't have a choice" he says.

I'm the one looking at him annoyed now, "then I just won't pick anything out" I say confidently

"Then I'll pick everything out for you, my taste in clothes isn't so bad actually" he tells me.

"Then I'll just put everything back that you throw in the cart" I tell him.

"I can buy everything online and have it delivered" he says.

I click my tongue annoyed, "fine, you win" I say and breathe out my last bit of smoke then throw away my joint.

Atlas stands up and drags me up with him, "this floor is hurting my ass, come" he says

We walk back to my room and eventually lie on the bed next to each other.

I kind of feel like I'm floating.

And the room is spinning.

This is nice.

I feel good.