16.

Bella reached the bedroom first.

She was panicking on the inside, but somehow kept her cool on the out.

She knew she had to explain everything to Tommy. Cause now it wasnt just her in danger, but him too.

Tommy entered the room a couple second after her.

He wasn't sure what to think, he just kept staring at her with wide eyes.

He just watched her kill a man for the first time.
He needed to everything and wanted to know it now.

When Bella looked over, she found it hard to conjure up the words.

After a moment, she motioned towards the bed "sit down Tommy,...I'll explain" her voice barely there

Tommy didn't move at first, but soon went over to the bed. As he watched Bella go over to her bag that rested on the chair in the corner.

She moved her hand around it for a couple seconds, before she pulled something out, her back was still to him as she looked down at whatever's in her in hand.

Slowly she came over and sat down next to him, handing him a photograph.

The photo was of Bella and an Italian man.

It was the picture of them in Italy.

Tommy studied it with a blank expression, and flipped it over to read the back,

Bella,

Forever the owner of mi heart.

Mi Amore until the end of time.

~Vinny

He didn't know why she was showing him this, it wasn't important right now.

Then she started to speak.

"That's Vincent. Marco Rossi's son. The man I was in a relationship with."

Tommy looked over at her. She sat to his right, with her head low watching her fingers as she folded them in her lap.

"What does this have to do with that man Bella?" He pressed

Bella looked up at him "Marco Rossi had a business deal with the Changretta family in New York...Luca Changretta tried to undermine him so Marco sent some men over to keep up his end."

She stopped to look at Tommy, making sure he was understanding her. He nodded once telling her to continue,

"Things got mixed up and some of Luca's cousins were killed....that's when we received the black hand"

Tommy knew what this meant. He's heard of the vendetta.
So he knew how this story was going to end.

"That's how they died, the Rossi's." He confirmed,

She took a deep breath and nodded "the hand is meant for me as well"

Now Tommy didn't want to hear that.

Bella gestured towards the photograph in his hands "he's the only reason I'm still alive. The Changretta's believe I'm already dead...and-and I didn't know that man in the kitchen...but I had to kill him, he knew who I was. And that's why you all need to stay away from the Italians, before a mistake is made and the same thing happens to you."

She stopped to wipe a tear that fell. Then turned to look at Tommy, she couldn't read his face.

"When Vinny and I received our letter, he hid me away in the city. It was the only time he wouldn't allow me to be involved in the family business. Otherwise we always stuck together....I waited in some rundown hotel room for him for a week, and when he did..."