62.

Mya had been on the beach when they arrived at Shell Cottage. She was prepared to try and help Dobby, but she once again found herself in a situation where she was left feeling utterly confused. Dobby had landed on the beach with them, unharmed with no dagger in his side at all.

They had been here for a month, and if the house didn't already feel packed as it was, it did now. Bill had spent three days trying to figure out how to add in more bedrooms. Until Hermione was well enough to tell him just how to do it, pulling a book out of her extendable bag to show him just what to do. 

Matty had started to roll over something that made his parents both exciting and terrified. They had to keep a better watch on him now that he wanted to explore the house on his own.

Mya knocked on the bedroom Hermione was staying in next to her's. She waited till she heard a, come in, before entering.

Hermione was sat on her bed, a spread of books circling her. On her arm had a large bandage for those words Bellatrix had carved in.

"Hey, Matty just got up from his nap and was pointing at your room," Mya had Matty sat on her hip.

"Did he?" Hermione smiled a bit. She placed her book to the side, reaching her arms out. "It's probably because I was reading him Beedle and the Bard yesterday."

"He does love those stories," Mya handed him over to Hermione. "Fred reads him those stories every night before we put him to bed."

"Matty is much better to read to than Ron and Harry," Hermione giggled, adjusting Matty in her lap who was reaching out for the books. "You might have a Ravenclaw on your hands."

"Oh no, he's got too much of Fred in him," Mya crossed her arms over her chest. "He'll be a Gryffindor. Running around the school and causing trouble at every turn."

Hermione let out a laugh that was soon replaced with a hiss when Matty placed his hand on her bandage arm. 

"Sorry," Mya bit her lip. 

"It's alright," Hermione took a deep breath, trying to push the pain away. "I-I try not to look at it."

"I understand," Mya's fingers brushed against the written scar on her own hand. 'I will think before speaking' engraved on her hand. "Those words don't matter though. I mean... Bellatrix is an old angry hag who is going to get what she deserves one day."

Hermione nodded her head. "I know, I just don't think I'm there just yet."

There was a knock on the door again before Harry peaked his head inside. "Mya, can I talk to you?"

"Yeah," Mya said. "Um, Hermione you mind watching him for a bit?"

"Not at all," Hermione welcomed the company of little Matty.

Mya made her way into the hall with Harry, shutting the door behind her. "What's up?"

Harry looked around anxiously. "We need to talk, but not here."