65.

11 Years Later

In a moderate sized home in Notting Hill resided a family in a very colorful house. They had chosen it due to the bright blue exterior, but fell in love when the bright colors only followed them inside the house.

Today was a big day for the family, as today, the eldest of the three children that lived in this house would be starting at the best wizarding school there was, under the finest Headmistress they had ever had.

"Scorpius!" Lea chased her youngest down the hall, finally cornering him in the sitting room. "You stop right now mister."

"But mummy I don't want to!" Scorpius cried out, ready to throw a fit if needed to prove his point.

"Scorpius you have to wear shoes when we go out," Lea rested her knuckles on her hips, tiny shoes resting in both hands.

"Mummy!" Scorpius whined, rubbing his eyes.

"Well if you don't like these ones, you are welcome to choose ones you do like," Lea sighed. The terrible two's were supposed to have ended when he turned three. But Scorpius was determined to still throw fits over every little thing. The latest one being that shoes just felt like too many things he had to wear in order to go outside.

"And what seems to be the problem in here?" Draco chuckled in amusement. Their five year old daughter resting on his hip.

"Your son doesn't want to wear shoes today," Lea gave him a look.

"Ah," Draco placed their daughter on the ground. "Do you want me to try?"

"Yes," Lea trusted the shoes into his chest before she felt a tugging on her shirt.

"Mum! Mum! Mum!" Lea looked down at her daughter whose bright blonde hair was up in pigtails today. "Mum, I want to see the train. When do we get to see the train?!

"Soon, Mya," Lea chuckled at the excited look on her daughter's face. "Speaking of which, I need to go make sure someone is ready. Can you go put on your shoes?"

Little Mya nodded her head skipping over to the basket to go pick out a pair to wear with her bright yellow dress. "Hi Pepper, what are you doing here silly old cat?"

The old white haired cat peered its eyes open in annoyance at the little girl. He just wanted to take a nap on the shoes and now she was ruining it. 

Lea made her way up the stairs that were decorated with so many different pictures, it was hard to figure out which ones had been added recently. She decided that kids would be kids and as thus, would want to draw on some kind of surface of the house. So Lea allowed them to draw whatever their heart's desire was on the stairs.

Making her way to the second floor, she took a right and headed down to the room at the end of the hall.

The room was decorated with the Chudley Canons quidditch posters and a wall full of pictures of his family members. There was a packed truck that still laid open on the bed. And sat on the desk, on its perch, was the very old and very tried brown owl.

Lea ran her fingers softly against his feathers.

But there was one thing missing in this room; the boy who lived in it.

Lea spotted the open window and headed towards it, looking out to see him sitting on the slanted roof.

So, she sat on the ledge of the window, smiling at the boy with fiery red hair. "Matty? Whatcha doing out here buddy?"

"I don't think I want to go to Hogwarts," Matty decided to tell her.

"Okay," Lea nodded her head. "Want to tell me why?"