Chapter 33

SILENCE FROWNED while listening to Mir talk to her brother through the phone.

"You think I care if we'll be late? Your sister's comfort is my priority and not yours."

Tumahimik ito at nakinig.

"Luc, I know. But Silence falls asleep. I have no heart to wake her up." Mir raked his hair then looked at her, spreading his arm to signal her to go to him.

Lumapit siya at yumakap sa bewang nito.

"I'm coming. She's ready. I'll just bring her home them I'm on my way there." Paalam nito sa kapatid niya saka pinatay ang tawag.

Pumikit siya ng hinalikan nito ang sintido niya.

"Are you okay, sweetheart?" Usisa nito at inayos ang buhok niya.

Namulat siya ng mata at nakangiting tumango. "I'm just sore."

"I'll carry you to my car then," anito at panay ang halik sa labi niya.

"Piggyback?" She requested.

"Anything for my wife." Kumindat ito saka kinuha ang susi nito.

Siya naman ay kinuha ang bracelet na una niyang binili sa binata saka ito pinasandal sa mesa nito. She settled between his legs while he held his wrist for her.

She asked for it this afternoon and Mir was relieved that he didn't throw it away just like the other one, but he had planned to.

"Sweetheart, I'm really sorry if I throw away your other gift," anito.

Silence smirked. "It's okay—"

"Nope. I'm going to ask Luc to make the same bracelet again. I want to have everything you want me to give."

"But I took the bracelet from the trash bin," she informed.

Nagsalubong ang kilay nito. "You was still there that time?"

"Mm-hmm..." Silence pouted. "I was hurt and really sad."

Kinulong siya nito sa mahigpit na yakap at ilang ulit na hinalikan sa ulo.

"I'm sorry, sweetheart. I hated it because I believed you were Luc's girlfriend and it was despicable to think you were showering me gift when you're in a relationship with my friend."

Silence lightly pinched his bum making him jerk.

"Hey—"

"I was not showering you gift!" She hissed.

Mir smiled with a tease. "Okay..." He shrugged. "Sure. So, where is it?"

Inirapan niya ito saka pinihit patalikod. "I give it to someone. Crouch, Mir." Utos niya sa binata. Matangkad ito at hindi niya kayang sampahan sa likod.

"Who is this someone?"

"Someone you don't know."

"I'm going to find this someone and take that bracelet," he grumbled.

Mabilis siyang sumampa sa likod nito ng umuklo ito at hindi pinangalanan kung kanino niya binigay ang bracelet. Baka kunin pa ni Mir kay Death ang bracelet.

"You sure you can carry me to your car?" she asked, peeking at his face. It was good she was wearing Mir's pants so she doesn't have to mind somebody will see her undergarment.

Nang lumingon ito ay dinampian niya ng halik ang pisngi nito.

"What do you take me for? Weak?" He tsked, tone smug.

Nagkibit-balikat siya. "Go."

"But... You know," he grunted.

Mahigpit niya itong niyakap ng parang bibigay ang mga binti nito.