4.5

P.EVANS + J.POTTER

<4.5>
tuna's victory

PETUNIA WAS STRESSED.

As pots of water were beginning to boil, her eyes were focused on a piece of paper that held instructions and measurement sizes.

The others were somewhere else in the house, not paying any mind to the panicked Petunia — who found herself in every corner of the kitchen each second.

Bowls, that held mixed ingredients, were left almost abandoned as she seasoned the raw chicken — and she would always have to pause to wash her hands before she could touch anything else.

The box of pre-made noodles was lazily sitting on the corner, but Petunia didn't pay much mind to it, knowing it would be the easiest and quickest part of her meal.

Her hair, that was once in a pretty braid, was now falling out, leading her wavy hair to be tucked behind her ears. A few small strands would occasionally fall out, but she continued to ignore it — not wanting to ruin her appearance any further.

And as the girl continued to her cooking, her mind was merely focused on the directions — and not at the boy who had been amusedly watching her for the past five minutes.

"Need help?"

The voice didn't take much to startle her, and an abundance of curses left her lips as a dirty spoon had dropped to the floor. Petunia looked up at the boy, wide eyed.

"You know how to cook?" She asked genuinely, being quick to pick up the spoon from the floor, "Because, yes, I could really use— ow."

Petunia hit her head on the counter.

James simply laughed.

And then he shrieked.

Because Petunia threw the spoon right at him.

"Come on glasses," She spoke rather casually, acting as if nothing ever happened. Though, she did have to hide the small smile that appeared on her face.

But then her dad's words appeared again,

they aren't your friends.

She frowned.

James, still recovering from being hit by the spoon, semi-confidently made his way to the kitchen, curiously watching everything she had done.

And as his finger went to touch the currently cooking sauce, Petunia swatted him away, hearing him snicker at her reaction.

"Well what do you need," He shortly asked, and Petunia was quick to tell him — pointing out each pot and pan and what went where.

The blonde was mildly surprised to see that the boy had a knack for cooking, though, as she didn't want to seem too impressed, Petunia would still making comments every now and then.

"Can you even see what you are doing? Your glasses are all fogged up."

And James would always respond with,

"Even blind I'm a better cook than you."

Petunia would scoff at that comment.

and, almost effortlessly, the two worked together well

       As it neared the end of their cooking, both Petunia and James were laughing loudly, watching as their noodles stuck too the wall.

       Just minutes prior, Petunia lightly mentioned how they would have to check if the noodles were done. And James, deciding to make it a competition, chose a noodle from the boiling pot of water — and soon made Petunia follow suit.

     Then, as the two had sent each other a look, the duo threw their noodles at her kitchen wall, hoping theirs would stick longer.

and in the end, Petunia ended up winning.

      "No!" James cried out dramatically, watching as the food fell to the floor — and Petunia silently cheered behind him, grinning wildly as she pulled off the noodle, placing it into the trash bin.

"Seems as if you aren't good at everything," She smiled as she spoke, remembering James's constant bragging about quidditch — which she still had no idea what it was.

And just as quick as it came, her smile turned into a look of disgust, watching as James ate the noodle in front of her.

"That— that was on the floor!" She stuttered out, faking a gag, "No wonder miss Lily Flower won't kiss you!"

And James placed a hand over his heart,
        "You wound me, Tuna."

"Do not call me a fish ever again."

__
guys they're bonding <3
P.EVANS + J.POTTER