Chapter 45 (RR)

Rye's POV

I am on the way to Riley's house right now. Cyrus informed me that Ace arrived at their place.

I rushed inside their house only to meet his cousin. "Where is Riley?"

She was just staring at me with her mouth open.

"Excuse me, can you hear me?"

"He..he.. He...uhm l-left with Ace. They will be auctioned to date in a charity event." His cousin said.

"Where is the event?"

"I have no idea. Just ask your boyfriend." Riley didn't tell them yet.

I asked Don to speed up and instructed Cyrus to follow us.

I arrived at the location and saw Riley talking to the young Garinga. I am not sure if his name is Lawrence, Enzo or what. They own a wide farm near our vacation house.

The bidding started. I just let them because I know once I set the amount, they can never bid more than that. Riley is avoiding me and I am willing to spend just to talk with him. I am not even aware of what is the charity they are sponsoring.

I have my own money and I don't spend much like the triplets. Aki spends more than me too.

"How much will you bid?" Cyrus whispered.

"Just enough to shut them up."

I ended up with two million US dollars. My parents won't care about this because this is mine and my net worth is increasing even without exerting any effort. Aki spends more than this on his cars.

I saw the fire shooting from Mr. Garinga's eyes when I set the amount high enough for his family to go bankrupt if he dares outbid.

He needs to stop dreaming that I will allow Riley to have a date with him.

"Rye, you are crazy you know that. This is just a dinner date." I am so crazy for you.

"A minute with you is worth all the money. I told you, you are mine. Dating another guy is impossible as long as I live. So, shall we, my date?"
I reached for his hand and I swear it is cold as ice.
"Are you okay?"

"Yeah. You have to sign backstage first. You should have ended it with million baht. You went extra for dollars."

"Let's stop talking about the money, will you? Wait for me at the table. We'll leave after this."

"They have prepared a fine dining at Cole's. Let's wait for the organizers." Riley asked me.

"No, we will have our own date."

I saw Mr. Garinga at the back. He won the bidding as Ace's date.

"You are really something, Rye." He offered a hand.

"I am." I accepted it.

"I thought I will win Riley earlier but you came. Are you even invited?" He smirked.

"I don't need an invitation. Of course, I'll never let my guy date someone else so it's natural to win this auction."

"You can just date him without bidding. Or are you just here to show off your wealth?" He asked.

"I can date him without paying but it means if you win tonight or whoever will have a chance to eat with him. I won't like it. I may be pissed about it and if I am pissed I do things to the extent you can't imagine. Maybe ruining someone else business' perhaps. Riley is my boyfriend. Now that you know, stop with your illusions and focus on that date of yours." I signed and handed the check to the host right away so we can leave.