Chapter 38: Betrayal

Heyy, how are you doing? So... I have another chapter for y'all. I'm kinda sad because I keep breaking your hearts but I'll heal them again don't worry 🤪

Don't forget to vote, comment, follow and share!

☾︎ Maeve ☽︎

I stare back at my dad, and a horrified expression flashes across my face.

His eyes widen as he jerks the knife away from my chest, his hand covering his mouth trying to suppress the sobs he's letting out.

"You- You were dead," I mumble, examining my dad's figure but I don't see any wounds on his body.

"No, they wounded me on the mission and brought me here while they tortured me for months." His voice barely leaves his throat and I suck in a deep breath.

He was tortured for months?

"We need to leave," He mumbles and grabs my wrist, leading us out of the torture rooms.

I stop walking, my dad frowning at me "I can't leave, he will hurt my friends." My dad shakes his head, ignoring my words.

"We need to go," He repeats and pulls me with him again. I don't see where we're going but I hear a door opening.

I look around only to see that I'm back in the same room I was cuffed in earlier today.

"What-," I'm cut off by a gunshot, a stinging pain coursing through my left leg as I stumble to the ground with a cry.

I hold my bleeding leg, the red liquid spilling on the floor while sobs withdraw from my mouth due to the severe pain.

I glance up, seeing my dad holding me at gunpoint. He shot me.

"Why did you do that?!" I shout and the door opens moments later, revealing Ethan.

"Thank you for bringing her back, Mr. Nystrom," Ethan smirks and my scowl deepens.

What? What does he mean by that?

"What- do you mean?" I manage to say as I press hard on my leg, blood staining my hands.

"Babe, this was planned," Ethan waves of laughter, "Your dad... He works for me." His smile vanishes as he claps his hands together.

I wince when my leg begins stinging and feeling numb.

Does my dad work for Ethan? What? No, that's not possible.

"He killed mom!" I yell, trying to get a reaction from my dad but it doesn't work, "Someone had to do it." My dad mumbles as he lifts his shoulders.

"Someone had to do it?" I mumble in utter disbelief, "Do you hear yourself?!" I cry and my dad glares at me.

"I made a deal with the Ambrose clan," My dad explains, "Therefore, your mother needed to be killed."