Chapter 9. The Crystal Ball

Ginny's POV

Trelawney grasped an orb in her hand, and walked back to the table. She lit some strong incense and sat down.

"What do we have in store, my dear? Take a look, take a look!" Trelawney cried triumphantly, after a while of silent orb-gazing.

"I-I See..." I tried to make something up. "Um-a girl."

Trelawney seemed disappointed.

"Hmm... let me See and tell you." She gazed at the ball again, which was swirling with masses of foggy stuff.

"Hmm...dear, the Fates seem to have lost contact with me for a while. You can come back tomorrow to see the future!" Trelawney said.

I sighed. How disappointing.

I turned around, prepared to leave, when I heard it.

"The Moon and the Lightning shall be rewarded with love for their deeds. Beware of grave danger, for the fallen shall rise again. The fallen-shall-rise-again..." Trelawney drawled, in a misty and faraway voice. It wasn't like her normal tone. It was raspy and raw, and sounded like someone who was having severe throat problems. I racked my brains.

Aha! Harry told us that Trelawney had made these voices hen she was making a serious prophecy. I looked around shakily and spotted Professor Trelawney dozing off in her armchair. I quickly scampered out, unnoticed.

What I didn't know was that a certain Hermione Granger was watching this the whole time.