20. Truth reveal [ 2 ]

SUMMER FLING

"So you remember the guy who proposed to you one day? And abhi had bet him?", jai asked while driving towards the location he had tracked.
"Wait, yeah. I remember", drishti spoke.
{ Guys, read chapter 7 & 8 }

"He is anahitha's brother", jai spoke.

Drishti couldn't take in what jai was speaking."Jai, let's contact that guy. He may know where abhimanyu is because anahitha will also be there with abhimanyu now", she said.
"Drishti, anahitha is innocent and yeah, you can't meet that guy", he continued."He is no more! He is dead", he said.
"Dead? But how?", she asked.

Jai looked towards drishti and gave a small lip tied smile,"Avyuktha and avyukt", drishti gasped.
"But why? How were there connected to each other?", she asked.
"Jai, tell me everything", he spoke.

Jai nodded."Anahitha's brother - arjun! He was not in love with you drishti. He was just a far admirer of yours. But one day, if you remember; he had come to propose you and that was because Of avyuktha. If you remember, that day when Arjun came to propose you avyuktha wasn't there. And that day, after you and abhi left for college and I took arjun back home and there I met anahitha. She was being scared. I asked and she masked up saying that she was scared for her brother because he was suffering from cancer. But I didn't believe her because it's true he was a cancer patient but she was hiding something from me. I just pushed the thought. And then, yesterday after I went home, I got to know that arjun died just after two days he proposed you. He was seen lying on the floor, dead. and he had also cut his wrist with a death note in which your name was written. All these years, anahitha is behind your back because she thinks that it's you who is the reason why her brother is dead. But he didn't commit suicide but he was attacked and was tried to kill. But his body went missing in hospital. After that no one found his body", jai said stopping the car. Drishti was already crying.
"A innocent life is no more because of me, I am selfish", she cried.
"No you aren't", drishti heard a voice. It wasn't jai's voice. She heard the back of the car door open in the click sound. She turned back to see a guy in his black shirt.
"Bye arjun", she heard a girl wave her hand at him. He waved back. Drishti's eyes widened. ARJUN IS ALIVE?
"Jai, what's happening? Arjun is alive? Who is he?", drishti asked being confused.
"The very own arjun, anahitha's brother. He wasn't dead. No one found his body, but abhimanyu found him alive yesterday. I JUST FOOLED YOU RIGHT NOW", jai smiled.
Drishti didn't knew what was happening.
"Wait, wait. Let me explain. Hey, I am Arjun. The same guy who proposed you 6 years back but sorry, I was drugged. I never loved you. Your friend blackmailed me, saying that she would kill my sister. I thought she would kill my sister if I didn't propose you. So,I did. But then, everything went in different way. I was attacked by avyuktha and Avyukt. They cut my wrist and dosed me and hung me. But I was saved in the hospital by a beautiful doctor, Dr. Meera chauhan", he said looking at the beautiful girl standing at the main gate.
"Apna khayal rakhna ok? I will go in?", Meera asked with her innocent face. She was beautiful, drishti was Astonished.
"Yes baby, and come back early. I will make you meet my sister okay?", Arjun spoke. Meera nodded and went inside.
"How? Whats happening?", drishti asked turning back.
"My body was sent to postmortem and Meera was assisted to do it. By god's grace, the power of dose was reduced and I got up. And that day, Meera helped me run away. And after that my life with her was like what you call "A homies love?" Arjun giggled at last.", drishti smiled listening to him. She was glad Arjun was alive and she don't have to live her life with guilt.

"So, let's leave for the mission?", jai asked.Both drishti and Arjun nodded and he started on the machine reaching the destination.

The machine screech down the the apartment. Drishti looked at jai and Arjun.
"Who would do this? Kinaping and keeping them in apartment?", she asked.
"So that no would doubt them", Arjun answered.
"Uhm, smart", drishti mouthed.

_______

• Drishti and Abhimanyu •