|| Chapter XXVIII ||

Word Count : 1819 words 

________________________________________________________________________________

( 10 Years Ago )
( (F/N) (L/N) POV )

***** Three Days Left *****

"Yui!"

I ran through the hallways chasing after her small body. She laughed as she turned around to face me, sticking her tongue out at me.

"Catch me if you can, nii-nii!"

I let out a war cry, and ran as fast as my tiny legs could carry me behind her.

Being a bit bigger than she was, I eventually caught up with her, and we came down in a massive tumble on the floor.

"Mine!"

"No, this one's mine!"

"What might you be doing, (F/N)?"

I turned to look at Yuzuha-nii. She was our caretaker. And in tandem, my favorite maid.

"Yuzuha-chan, nii-nii stole the last candy!" Yui wailed, and she freed herself from my grip and latched onto Yuzuha with her small hands.

"Nii-nii is evil!"

She turned around to pout at me.

"Now now, Yui. There are so many candies on the shelf, aren't there?" Yuzuha said soothingly. "You can always take one from the pantry."

"But the last one in the packet always tastes the best!"

Yui sniffled back her tears. I felt a bit guilty for making my sister cry, so I broke the candy into half.

"Here," I said, stuffing her tiny mouth with candy. "We'll share."

Yui widened her eyes in happiness.

"Yay! You're the best nii-nii!"

I scoffed. "You just said that I was evil."

Yui simply smiled widely, and ran down the hallway towards her own bedroom. I sighed, and scratched my head in annoyance.

"I don't understand her," I sulked.

Yuzuha smiled down at me.

"You'll be a wonderful gentleman one day, (F/N)," Yuzuha said to me. "You might not see it because you're too young. But one day, you'll be a man that everyone in the (L/N) Family can be proud of."

I let out a soft smile.

"You really think so?"

"I know so," she replied. "You have the courage, compassion and charisma to become a successful man one day."

I smiled widely.

"Then when I become successful, the first thing I'll do is get you ice-cream! Because you give me so much all the time!"