iv. 𝐈𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐬𝐮𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧

He was back

He was back. Will said he was back. He was back. It repeated in Cassies head over and over as Mike tried to get ahold of the girls, resulting in Cassie pacing around slightly. Lucas' eyes followed her every move as she went back and forth. "Come sit, Cass."

She did, just as the girls showed up and they all crowded together around Mikes basement.

"I didn't think it was anything, at first. I mean, I think I didn't want to believe it." Will began to explain, sitting high on his chair, "The first time I felt it was at Day of the Dead."

"Power went out that night, too." Mike spoke up with a nod toward Will. Cassie looked between the two, Lucas rubbed her back slightly.

"And then I felt it again at the field near the Nelsons farm the next day." Will went on, twisting his fingers as he spoke, "Then again yesterday outside Castle Byers."

"What does it feel like?" Max asked him between a mix of curiosity and not wanting to know.

"It's almost like... you know when you drop on a roller coaster?" Will asked the party.

"Sure." Mike agree.

"Yeah." Max right after.

"The heart rushing feeling of all your insides shouting to fly from your mouth?" Cassie nodded her head.

"No." El admits.

Wills looked at her. "It's like everything inside your body is just sinking all at once, but this is worse. Your body... it goes cold and-and you can't breathe. I've felt it before, whenever he was close."

"Whenever who was close?" Max asked.

"The Mindflayer." Will admited.

Cassie rubbed El's back when she spoke, "I closed the gate."

"I know, but... what if he never left? What if we locked him out here with us?" Will looked over at her with fear and worry dancing within his hazel eyes, "Do you still have your notebook, Cassie?"

"Yeah, it's r-" she started, reaching into her pockets. She panicked when finding them empty, looking around.

"I have some." Mike grabbed a paper and pencil as Cassie continued to look around everywhere she sat.

They watched as he made a large scribble on the paper, "This is him. All of him. But, that day on the field, apart of hm attached itself to me."

Will rubbed his hand across the mindflayer drawing, the black left over color spreading across his palm, "My mom got it out of me and Eleven closed the gate. But the part that was still in me, what if it's still in our world?"

Will flipped the paper, slapping his palm down on the clean side to make a black smudge, "In Hawkins."

"I don't understand. The Demodogs died when El closed the gate." Max looked up from the paper, "If the brain dies, the body dies."